FT Climate Finance Asia Summit
FT Climate Finance Asia Summit
21st November 2018 | Hong Kong, China – More
Asia occupies a special place in the global fight against climate change, and in the efforts of investors and financiers to mitigate and help adapt to its many potential effects. China’s grand plan for green economic growth is unprecedented anywhere in the world, with the country taking leadership positions in renewable investment, carbon finance, batteries and sustainable transport. India’s ability, meanwhile to wean itself from fossil fuels and on to a low-carbon growth trajectory through proposed multi-trillion pound investments in renewables, infrastructure, green buildings and smart agriculture will be critical to global efforts to reduce carbon emissions. And elsewhere, in developing Asia, the full weight and ingenuity of the world’s capital markets will be needed to find innovative ways to finance the prevention and adaptation to the devastating damage caused by extreme, climate-inflicted extreme weather events to which many countries in Asia are particularly vulnerable. Seizing Asia growing green finance opportunity is good for business, essential for the planet.
The inaugural FT Climate Finance Asia Summit brings together leading Asia companies, investors and financiers to explore the developing trends and emerging opportunities in Asia’s low-carbon transition – from the rise of sustainable investment in Asia to challenges of translating Nationally Determined Commitments (NDCs ) into projects and the growth of green bonds as an important new source of finance for companies across the region.
- Gain critical insights into China’s green development vision and the implications for international climate diplomacy, emissions, business and supply chains
- Hear from the experts how Asia’s NDCs are translating in to projects and opportunities for investors
- Get the inside track on new mandatory disclosure rulings and the rise of sustainable investing in Asia
- Explore the risks and opportunities in Asia’s energy transition
- Discuss how risk and business models are evolving to scale up investment in adaptation and resilience across Asia
- Debate the big issues of the day: Will Asia be able to kick its coal habit?
The FT Climate Finance Summit will be attended by senior decision-makers from the following sectors:
- Banks and Security Firms
- Fund / Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Insurers, Reinsurers and Environmental Risk Management
- Infrastructure Finance and Investment
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms
- Stock Exchanges and Stock Indexes
- Corporate Issuers and Underwriters
- Carbon Markets and Trading
- Climate / Environment Lawyers and Consultants
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Multilateral Investment Banks
- Energy Companies: Oil & Gas, Power, Clean Energy/Renewables
- Cleantech Companies
- Green Bonds / Debt Markets
- Green Bond Verification and Certification Agencies
For more information: FT Climate Finance Asia Summit 2018
Caproasia members have access to an exclusive discount. For more information, please contact your regional representative or click here to request for membership information.
Limited Partners* benefit from a free entrance to the Conference.
*Are qualified for complimentary invitations Pension Funds, Family Offices, Foundations, Endowments, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, DFIs and Business Angels that do not engage in third-party fundraising activities or collect fees for advisory/consulting services.
Caproasia members: For financial professionals who advise clients or manage assets in Asia.