Top 5 Professionals Who Left Private Banking in 2016
The top Private Banking professionals influence billions of assets and financial decisions. They hold strong relationships with clients and have tremendous network to the world’s wealthiest families and institutions.
In 2016, some of the top professionals chose to leave Private Banking. We look at 5 of the top professionals who left Private Banking in 2016:
#5 Nick Pollard – Coutts Sale Sparks Key Departure
Nick Pollard decided to leave banking in 2016. After spending almost 12 years in Coutts, including holding key appointments as CEO Asia and Managing Director of International Learning and Professional Development, he left banking to join CFA Institute.
He assumed the role of Managing Director, Asia-Pacfic and will be spearheading growth in the region. Globally, CFA has more than 120,000 holders while the CFA Institute Societies in Asia have more than 23,000 members.
Nick Pollard’s Career:
- MD International Learning & Professional Development, Coutts International
- Chief Executive Officier Coutts Asia, RBS
- Chief Executive Officer Asia, Coutts Bank
- Managing Director, Coutts and Co
Source: Caproasia Online and CFA Institute
#4 Wendy Sim – Quits HSBC Private Bank after 12 Years
In 2016, Wendy Sim left Private Banking. She held many senior appointments in HSBC Private Banking over the last 12 years and is one of the industry top leader in Family Wealth, Wealth Structuring and Trust.
In October 2016, she joined Zedra as Managing Director. In 2016, Zedra, a corporate, trust and fund services provider had also acquired Barclays Trust business.
Wendy’s Career in HSBC Private Bank
- Head of Family Governance & Family Enterprise Succession South Asia
- Head of Legacy Wealth Structuring
- Head of Trust Relationship Management
- Head of Wealth Planning
Source: Caproasia Online and finews.asia
#3 Aseem Arora – Bank of Singapore Loses a Gem
In 2016, it was confirmed Aseem Arora left banking for good after leaving Bank of Singapore – one of Asia’s fastest growing Private Bank.
With an influential global career in Banking & Wealth Management, Aseem Arora had shaped many new market entry and growth for Citibank, Merrill Lynch and Bank of Singapore, notably in the NRI, Middle East and Asia-Pacific region.
In August 2016, Silverdale Capital, the Fund Manager of award winning Silverdale Bond Fund announced the appointment of Aseem Arora as President of Silverdale Capital.
Aseem Arora’s Career
- Managing Director & Head-Strategic Initiatives & New Markets, Bank of Singapore
- Managing Director & Global Head, NRI Markets, Merrill Lynch
- Area Director, Asia Pacific, NRI Business, Citibank
- Vice President & Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Private Banking
Source: Caproasia Online
#2 Alexander Classen – The Queens’ Bank Loses a Prince
Alexander Classen left banking after more than 21 years of distinguished senior management career in the world’s top global banks, including Pictet, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Coutts International.
In 2016, he joined Bedrock as Managing Partner, a boutique investment and advisory firm in Switzerland.
Alexander Classen’s Career
- CEO, Coutts International
- Head PWM EMEA, Morgan Stanley
- General Manager, Goldman Sachs
- General Manager Asia-Pacific, Pictet
Source: Caproasia Online and Bedrock
#1 Peter Tung, Valerie Chou and Johan Riddergard – The Eminent Trio from UBS Departs
On 11th November 2016, perhaps the highest profile exit in 2016 from UBS Asia-Pacific becomes publicly known. Top UBS Wealth Management bankers, Peter Tung, Valerie Chou and Johan Riddergard departs.
Together, they founded Lioncrest Global, a privately-owned and independent boutique firm, that focuses on serving select institutions, family offices and high-net-worth families and individuals.
Their illustrious background, wealth of experience and the professional setup of Lioncrest Global, sets the gold standard for Wealth Managers and Investment Managers in the wealth advisory business in Asia.
Peter Tung’s Career
- Head of Ultra High Net-worth for Greater China, UBS
- Head of Global Family Office for North Asia, UBS
- Member of Asia-Pacifc Wealth Management Executive Committee, UBS
- MD, Country Manager for Taiwan & Philippines, Morgan Stanley
- Member of Asia Management Committee, Morgan Stanley
Valerie Chou’s Career
- Head of Global Family Office Asia-Pacific, UBS
- MD and Investor Representative at Morgan Stanley
- Portfolio Manager, Aetna Investment Management
Johan Riddergard’s Career
- Head of CEO Office, UBS
- Head of Pricing Management, UBS
- Head of Strategy & Business Development, UBS
- Regional Business Development Officer, Winterthur Life
- Company Consultant, Mckinsey & Company
- Member Emerging Markets Financial Institutions Practice, Mckinsey & Company
Source: Caproasia Online and Lioncrest Global
Join us in the 2016 Rewind:
- The 2016 Ultimate Rewind
- Top 5 Most Shocking News in 2016
- The Rewind: Private Banks in 2016
- Top 50 People Moves in 2016
- Top 5 Professionals Who Left Private Banking in 2016
- Top 10 Research Publications in 2016
- The Rewind: Fund Management in 2016
- Top 10 Most Popular Articles in 2016
- Top 20 Most Popular Articles in 2016
- Top 10 Most Popular Videos in 2016
- Top 50 Most Memorable Photos in 2016
- Photoshot of the Year 2016
- Top 30 Headlines in 2016
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- 6th June 2023 - Hong Kong
- 13th June 2023 - Singapore
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit