Key Central Bank Rates – October 2019
Caproasia Institute | October 2019
The key Central Bank rates for October 2019.
Caproasia Institute releases the key Central Bank rates for October 2019. Data includes the latest central bank rates, previous rates, interest rate changes and effective date from last central bank announcement.
” Fed decrease interest rate by 0.25% to 1.5% – 1.75% range in October 2019 “
The Key Central Banks:
- Fed – Federal Reserve
- ECB* – European Central Bank
- BOJ – Bank of Japan
- BOE – Bank of England
- BOC – Bank of Canada
- RBA – Reserve Bank of Australia
- RBNZ – Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- SNB – Swiss National Bank
October 2019 Reports:
- Interest Rates Report – October 2019
- Key Central Bank Rates – October 2019
- Asia Central Bank Rates – October 2019
- Influential Central Bank Rates – October 2019
- Interbank Rates – October 2019
Key Central Bank Rates
|S/N||Country||Central Bank||Previous Rate||New Rate||Change||Effective from|
|1||United States||Fed||1.75% – 2%||1.50% – 1.75%||– 0.25%||30/10/2019|
|2||European Union*||ECB*||0.00%||-0.00%||No Change||24/10/2019|
|4||United Kingdom**||BOE||0.75%||0.75%||No Change||19/9/2019|
|7||New Zealand||RBNZ||1.00%||1.00%||No Change||25/9/2019|
Source: Caproasia Institute
October 2019 Changes
- Fed decrease interest rate by 0.25% from 1.75% – 2% to 1.5% – 1.75% range
- RBA decrease interest rate by 0.25% from 1.00% to 0.75%
- ECB* maintain interest rate at 0.00%
- BOJ maintain interest rate at -0.10%
- BOE maintain interest rate at 0.75% (Sept 2019)
- BOC maintain interest rate at 1.75%
- RBNZ maintain interest rate at 1.00% (Sept 2019)
- SNB maintain interest rate at -0.75% (Sept 2019)
*ECB – Main refinancing operations: 0%, Marginal lending facility: 0.25%, Deposit facility: – 0.50%
Updated: 4th November 2019
* The European Central Bank represents 19 European nations using Euro (€) as official currency. The 19 nations are Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Austria, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia and Finland. The European Union GDP and Population includes only the 19 European nations that are members of European Central Bank.
European Union (EU) comprises of 28 nations. The 28 nations are Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
On 29th March 2017, the UK notified the European Council of its intention to leave the EU by triggering of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. The United Kingdom currently remains a full member of the EU.
** United Kingdom comprises of 4 countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs