The 14th Asian Financial Forum to be Held Online: Reshaping the World Economic Landscape
15th January 2021 | Hong Kong
The 14th Asian Financial Forum (AFF) will be held as an online event on 18th and 19th January 2021 (Monday and Tuesday). Under the theme “Reshaping the World Economic Landscape“, the forum will run round the clock across different time zones, examining the current economic landscape and exploring global business opportunities with more than 160 influential policymakers, financial experts, investors, business leaders and economists.
” More than 160 influential policymakers, financial experts, investors, business leaders and economists “
Distinguished guests at various sessions will share insights on a wide range of topics including the global economic outlook, socially responsible and impact investment, the asset and wealth management industry in the post-COVID era, climate change risks and opportunities for the insurance industry. AFF’s keynote sessions include Paul Romer, 2018 Nobel Laureate for Economic Sciences.
Mary Huen, Chairperson, AFF 2021 Steering Committee and CEO, Hong Kong, Standard Chartered:
- TFC Marketplace | Find $3 million to $300 million services
- Caproasia Jobs | Find jobs in Private Banks, Family Office, Hedge Funds
- Caproasia Access | Your Homepage
- Caproasia.com | You are already here
Events & Coverage:
- The 2021 Private Wealth Series
- The 2021 Investment Series
- The 2021 Family Office Series
- The 2021 Investment Outlook
- The 2020 Family Office Series Highlights
- 2021 Upcoming Events
“COVID has brought unprecedented changes to the world economy, although the development of vaccines will help to address some of the uncertainties. The global economy is being reshaped even as economic and trade activities begin to get back to normal.
Corporates need to aggressively embrace the new normal and turbocharge the implementation of transformation, including technology upgrades, to create new opportunities for the financial industry.”
Dr Patrick Lau, HKTDC Deputy Executive Director:
“We endured a challenging year in 2020, which makes it all the more important for AFF participants to come together to examine the latest market developments and explore innovative solutions and investment opportunities from around the world through the AFF virtual platform.
Under the theme ‘Reshaping the World Economic Landscape’, this year’s forum focuses on topics such as sustainable development, impact investment, fintech, 5G, philanthropy, family offices, entrepreneurship and venture capital, and will examine how businesses can turn crisis into opportunity under the new normal. The online forum will cover more than 50 sessions from 8:30am to 10pm, Hong Kong time, allowing people from different time zones to participate.”
Panel discussions will address broad spectrum of financial issues at the 2021 Asian Financial Forum:
- Global Economic Outlook
- Responsible and Impact Investment
- The Asset and Wealth Management Industry in the Post-COVID Era
- Climate Change Risks and Opportunities for Insurance
- Global financial policymakers assess economic prospects
1. Global Economic Outlook
In the session titled “Global Economic Outlook”, business leaders from the banking and financial sectors will assess the transformation brought about by the current environment of low interest rates, increased compliance requirements and digital innovation, together with the raft of challenges resulting from the pandemic. The distinguished speakers include:
- Laura Cha, Chairman of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- Jean Lemierre, Chairman of BNP Paribas
- Liu Liange, Chairman of the Board of Bank of China
- Urs Rohner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse
- Jose Vinals, Group Chairman of Standard Chartered
- Wong Kan-seng, Chairman of United Overseas Bank
The panellists will share their thoughts on the outlook for the global banking industry, while considering how banks should respond to regulatory changes and advances in technology.
2. Responsible and Impact Investment
As socially responsible investment and impact investment gain stronger ground, the pandemic has highlighted the importance of incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into investment decisions, creating long-term value for corporations and generating higher returns for investors.
The discussion on “Responsible and Impact Investment” will review the long-term prospects for sustainable investing with a panel that includes:
- Yoshio Hishida, President of Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management
- Amy Lo, Chairman, Executive Committee, Private Wealth Management Association, and Head and Chief Executive, UBS Hong Kong
- Jena Raby, CEO of Natixis Investment Managers
- Vineet Rai, Founder and Chairman of the Aavishkaar Group
- George H Walker, Chairman and CEO of Neuberger Berman
3. The Asset and Wealth Management Industry in the Post-COVID Era
The asset and wealth management industry has inevitably been impacted by COVID-19, but while there are challenges to business operations, the pandemic has also given rise to new solutions and practices and the emergence of new perspectives and investment opportunities.
The session titled “The Asset and Wealth Management Industry in the Post-COVID Era” will explore the implications of COVID-19 on the asset and wealth management industry, key industry trends in Asia and globally, and how market players can best position themselves in this fast-changing environment. Speakers at the session include:
- Ben Chan, Regional Managing Director, APAC, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (Asia)
- Julia Leung, Deputy CEO and Executive Director, Intermediaries, SFC
- Rajeev Mittal, Managing Director, APAC ex-Japan, Fidelity International
- Francois Monnet, Head of Private Banking North Asia, Credit Suisse
4. Climate Change Risks and Opportunities for Insurance
Climate change is one of the major emerging risks in the decades ahead and is expected to reshape the structure of the economy in the future, bringing both risks and opportunities to the real economy and the financial sector. The insurance industry is expected to play a key role in facilitating people and businesses to address climate change risks and move towards a sustainable future.
In a discussion titled “Climate Change Risks and Opportunities for Insurance”, insurance leaders and experts will look at how the industry is responding to climate change risks and how to capture opportunities for insurance in the transition to a sustainable economy. Panel members include:
- Fabien Jeudy, CEO of Sun Life Hong Kong
- Jan Napiorkowski, Global Head Clean Energy and Vice President of Ariel Syndicate of Lloyd’s
- James Turner, Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer of Prudential
- Lei Yu, CEO, North Asia, and Regional Head of Distribution, Asia Pacific, QBE Asia
- Patrick Zeng, CEO HK & Greater China, Regional Distribution Director Asia Pacific, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
5. Global financial policymakers assess economic prospects
The impact of the pandemic and evolving international geopolitical issues have combined to create uncertainty in the global economy. Over the two days of the AFF, Influential global financial policymakers and business leaders will take part in more than 50 panel sessions. Luminaries will explore strategies that can help to address the current financial situation.
- Stephen A Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO and Co-founder of the Blackstone
- Philippe Brassac, CEO of Credit Agricole
- Mark E Tucker, Group Chairman of HSBC
- Howard Davies, Chairman of the NatWest
- Zhang Lei, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Hillhouse Capital Management Group
- Antony Leung, Group Chairman & CEO of Nan Fung Group
The 14th Asian Financial Forum (AFF) will be held as an online event on 18th and 19th January 2021 (Monday and Tuesday).
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is a statutory body established in 1966 to promote, assist and develop Hong Kong’s trade. With 50 offices globally, including 13 in Mainland China, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a two-way global investment and business hub. The HKTDC organises international exhibitions, conferences and business missions to create business opportunities for companies, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in the mainland and international markets. The HKTDC also provides up-to-date market insights and product information via trade publications, research reports and digital news channels.