New York Stock Exchange Trading Floor
Caproasia.com | The leading source of data, research, information & resource for financial professionals, institutional investors, professional investors and private investors (UHNWs, & HNWs). Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets?

This site is for accredited investors, professional investors, investment managers and financial professionals only. You should have assets around $3 million to $300 million or managing $20 million to $3 billion.





2021 Q1 Global Hedge Funds AUM at $4.1 Trillion, $162 Billion AUM in APAC

21st June 2021 | Hong Kong

Global Hedge Funds has reached $4.1 trillion AUM at the end of Q1 2021 with $162 billion AUM in Asia-Pacific, representing 3.9% of Global Hedge Funds AUM.  Hedge Funds in North America has the largest AUM with $3.27 trillion (78.9%) while Europe has $687 billion AUM (16.6%), a combined 95.5% of Global Hedge Funds AUM.  Hedge fund strategies that has the largest AUM are Equity Strategies ($1.19 trillion, 28.8%), Equity Strategies ($1.14 trillion, 27.7%) and Multi-Strategies ($579 billion, 14%). The data released by alternative assets data & insights provider Preqin, also reported $10.9 billion of new inflows to global hedge funds in Q1 2021.  (AUM ~ Assets under Management)

“ 2021 Q1 Global Hedge Funds AUM at $4.1 Trillion, $162 Billion AUM in APAC “

 


Hedge Fund Asset Flows by Core Strategy

Strategy Q1 2021 AUM Percentage
Equity Strategies $1.19 trillion 28.8%
Macro Strategies $1.14 trillion 27.7%
Event Driven Strategies $197 billion 4.8%
Credit Strategies $304 billion 7.3%
Relative Value Strategies $388 billion 9.4%
CTAs $293 billion 7.1%
Multi-Strategy $579 billion 14.0%
Niche Strategies $41.4 billion 1.0%
Total AUM $4.14 trillion 100.0%

 

Hedge fund strategies that has the largest AUM are Equity Strategies with $1.19 trillion AUM (28.8%), Macro Strategies with $1.14 trillion AUM (27.7%) and Multi-Strategies with $579 billion AUM 14%.

CTAs ~ Commodity Trading Advisors

 

Hedge Fund Asset Flows by Fund Manager Headquarters

Headquarters Q1 2021 AUM Percentage
North America $3.27 trillion 78.9%
Europe $687 billion 16.6%
Asia-Pacific $162 billion 3.9%
Rest of World $25.2 billion 0.6%
Total AUM $4.14 trillion 100.0%

 

In Q1 2021, Hedge Funds in North America has the largest AUM with $3.27 trillion (78.9%) while Europe has $687 billion AUM (16.6%).  In Asia-Pacific, Hedge Funds has $162 billion AUM, representing 3.9% of Global Hedge Funds AUM.  North America and Europe have a combined 95.5% of Hedge Funds AUM.

 

Sam Monfared, AVP, Research Insights, at Preqin

“The global hedge funds industry has reached an impressive milestone and proved its worth to investors. The strong positive inflow brought some much-needed optimism to the industry and the positive momentum continued while the industry managed to attract additional inflows.

As economies return to normalcy gradually, hedge funds are best positioned to benefit from the dislocations in the market. Divergence in the speed of economic recovery between countries, along with elevated levels of market stress, has created an ideal environment for the industry to shine again in 2021.”

 

Related:

More:



Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs

Join 14,000+ leading financial professionals and professional investors in Asia. Stay ahead of your peers & competition.
For press release, email to press@caproasia.com
For editorial, media kit, listing on TFC, events, seminars or research & data services, email to mail@caproasia.com


Previous articlePrivate Markets, Alternatives Assets in Asia to Reach $6 Trillion by 2025
Next articleBank of Singapore Appoints ex-UBS Head Paul Chua as Global Head of Wealth Planning, Target Family Offices with $250 Million
Caproasia.com covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. Our users manage, advise & invest $25 trillion assets in Asia