Citi Private Bank Appoints Seamus Yin as Global Market Manager China South & West, 10 Years with China Top Entrepreneurs
9th July 2021 | Hong Kong
Citi Private Bank, managing more than $550 billion of AUM and serving more than 13,000 UHNW clients & 25% of the world’s billionaires, has appointed Seamus Yin as Citi Private Bank Global Market Manager for Mainland China South and West. Seamus Yin had joined Citi Private Bank in 2014 from JP Morgan Private Bank, and has more than 10 years of experience working with China’s top entrepreneurs. Based in Hong Kong, Seamus will lead Citi Private Bank coverage of clients of Mainland China in Central, Western, and Southern region, including the key provinces of Guangdong and Fujian. (AUM ~ Assets under Management)
“ Citi Private Bank Appoints Seamus Yin as Global Market Manager China South & West, 10 Years with China Top Entrepreneurs “
Seamus Yin, Citi Private Bank Global Market Manager for Mainland China South & West
Seamus Yin, who has more than 10 years of experience working with top entrepreneurs from China and joined Citi Private Bank in 2014, has a strong track record of serving the offshore banking needs of large entrepreneurs. He was previously with JP Morgan Private Bank covering offshore clients from China.
Seamus Yin, leveraging Citi’s extensive platform, has been at the forefront of developing bespoke solutions that meet the unique and sophisticated global investing, lending and banking needs of his clients. He has also been instrumental in building effective teams of next-generation bankers.
Rudolf Hitsch, Head of North Asia at Citi Private Bank:
“In the future, much of the most effective offshore private banking business will be conducted by bankers who have grown up in Mainland China, covering clients from their home region and in the clients’ native Chinese dialects.
Seamus will replicate his success in building such focused coverage for clients from some of China’s most entrepreneurial provinces.”
Citi Private Bank, Citi Global Wealth
Over the last 1 year, Citi has been making numerous key changes. In March 2021, Citi appointed Jane Fraser as the new CEO and in January 2021, created a single business unit – Citi Global Wealth, to manage all global wealth units, including Citi Private Bank. In June 2020, Citi had also created Citi Private Capital Group to provide institutional service to private investment companies and family offices.
- March 2021 – Appointment of new CEO Jane Fraser
- January 2021 – Citi Global Wealth, merging Citi Private Bank
- June 2020 – Created Citi Private Capital Group
In April 2021, Citi appointed Ida Liu as the new Global Head of Private Banking (Citi Private Bank), with Steven Lo and Fabio Fontainha as the new co-Heads of Citi Global Wealth in Asia-Pacific.
Citi also announced plans to exit 13 markets for Citi’s consumer businesses across Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and to focus on 4 key main hubs – London, UAE, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Citi Private Bank
Citi’s Private Bank serves the world’s wealthiest individuals, families and law firms. Citi Private Bank has around $550 billion AUM (Assets under Management), serving more than 13,000 UHNW clients, including 25% of the world’s billionaires and more than 1,400 family offices across 50 cities in over 100 countries.
Citi Private Bank focuses on clients who have an average net worth above $100 million, with clients gaining access to a highly customized experience and a comprehensive range of products and services including investments, banking, lending, custody, wealth planning, real estate, art, aircraft finance and lending, personalized advice, competitive pricing and efficient execution.
Citigold, Citigold Private Client and Citi Priority
Citi Global Consumer Bank, with Citigold, Citigold Private Client and Citi Priority, provides institutional grade, personalized wealth management services to clients, which includes dedicated Wealth teams, fund access and a range of exclusive privileges, preferred pricing and benefits to clients around the globe.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank has approximately $200 billion in AUM (Assets under Management) globally and serves clients in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Mexico.
In Asia-Pacific: Citi CEO APAC Peter Babej
In 2019, Citi appointed Peter Babej, who was Citi’s Global Head of Financial Institution Group, as CEO of Citi Asia-Pacific. In 2019, Citi’s APAC business contributed around 20% of revenue and nearly 1/3 of Citi’s net income.
Citi’s wealth management senior leadership team in Asia-Pacific includes Fabio Fontainha who is the Head of Retail Banking for Asia-Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Steven Lo who is the Regional Head of Citi Private Bank APAC, Lee Lung Nien who is the Chairman of South Asia Citi Private Bank and Chan San San who is Citi Private Bank High Net Worth Head of Asia-Pacific.
Citi APAC Wealth Management Leadership Team
- Peter Babej, CEO of Citi Asia-Pacific
- Fabio Fontainha, Head of Retail Banking for APAC and EMEA
- Steven Lo, Regional Head of Citi Private Bank APAC
- Lee Lung Nien, Chairman of South Asia Citi Private Bank
- Chan San San, Citi Private Bank High Net Worth Head Asia Pacific
- Citi Appoints Chan San-San as Head of Private Bank HNW APAC, Kelvin Goh as Head of FI Group for Investment Banking
- HSBC, Citi and Standard Chartered to Add 6,600 Wealth & Private Banking Jobs in Asia
- Citi Appoints Ida Liu as New Global Head of Private Banking, Exit 13 Markets
- Citi Creates Citi Global Wealth to Manage all Global Wealth Units, Including Citi Private Bank
- Citi Gained $20 Billion Net Inflow into APAC Wealth Management Business
- Citi Private Bank Forms Citi Private Capital Group to Provide Institutional Service to Family Offices, Private Funds and Private Companies
List of Private Banks:
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Hong Kong
- 2020 List of Boutique Private Banks in Hong Kong
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Singapore
- 2020 List of Boutique Private Banks in Singapore
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office in the World
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices in the World
- Top Research Reports in 2020
- Top Global Wealth Reports in 2020
- Top Family Office Reports in 2020
Founded in 1812, Citigroup is one of the world’s largest bank with more than 200 million customer accounts and around 200,000 employees in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. It is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and has a market capitalization of $124.2 billion (15/12/20). In 2019, Citigroup reported total revenue of $74.2 billion and net profit of $19.4 billion.