Deutsche Private Bank Hires Divik Maheshwari as Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia
1st September 2021 | Singapore
Deutsche Private Bank has hired Divik Maheshwari as Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia (FX ~ Foreign Exchange). Divik Maheshwari has more than 17 years of experience in financial markets including Deutsche Bank (Corporate FX), Credit Suisse (Private Banking UHNW, Global Markets advising institutional clients) and Portfolio Manager trading FX, Rates & Equities at ExodusPoint Capital and Millennium Capital. Divik also conducts training programs on FX with CFA Society and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Based in Singapore, Divik Maheshwari will report to Coo-Way Law, who is Deutsche Bank Head of South East Asia Investment Management. Deutsche Private Bank has been on a leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia, Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia, Pictet Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions Asia-Pacific and Alania Concepcion as Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia.
“ Deutsche Private Bank Hires Divik Maheshwari as Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia “
Divik Maheshwari, Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia
- Deutsche Bank Wealth Management, Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia
- More than 17 years of experience in financial markets
- Deutsche Bank (Corporate FX)
- Credit Suisse (Private Banking UHNW, Global Markets advising institutional clients)
- Portfolio Manager trading FX, Rates & Equities at ExodusPoint Capital and Millennium Capital
- Conduct training programs on FX with CFA Society and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Co-author of “Financial Derivatives – The Currency and Rates Factor” – widely used as textbook in various graduate courses in India
Coo-Way Law, Deutsche Bank Head of South East Asia Investment Management:
“Divik’s strong knowledge in FX will enable us to offer in-depth investment advice to support the increasing sophistication of our clients and drive business growth in the region.”
Shang-Wei Chow, Deutsche Bank Head of South-East Asia Wealth Management:
“South-East Asia is one of the fastest growing wealth creation markets. We will keep investing in our people, and continue to attract top talents to strengthen our South-East Asia franchise to support the growing needs of clients.”
Shang-Wei Chow, Southeast Asia Leader
Deutsche Private Bank has been on a hiring leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia, Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia and Pictet Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions Asia-Pacific.
In July 2021, Shang-Wei Chow began his role as Head of Southeast Asia Wealth Management at Deutsche Bank to lead and grow Deutsche’s Bank Wealth Management and Private Banking business in Southeast Asia.
Shang-Wei Chow has also joined from HSBC Private bank, where he was HSBC Private Bank Singapore and Malaysia Market Head. Prior to joining HSBC Private Bank, he was with UBS for 13 years.
In 2021 Q2, Deutsche’s Private Bank delivered strong performance with $16.5 billion (€14 billion) net inflows, generating revenue of €820 million, an increase of 9% from 2020 Q2 due to business growth in recovering markets. Private Banking and Wealth Management (WM) revenues were up 8% to €607 million, while Personal Banking revenues were up 14% to €213 million. (Adjusted for FX and specific items, Private Banking and WM revenues were up 10%)
Deutsche Bank is Germany’s largest bank and one of the largest bank in Europe and the world. Deutsche Bank International Private Bank manages more than $281 billion of assets globally (June 2020).
Southeast Asia, $3.1 trillion GDP, 650 million
Southeast Asia has more than 650 million population and a combined GDP of more than $3.1 trillion. Southeast Asia is also home to one of the fastest growing billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs in Asia.
Largest Economy in Southeast Asia, Financial Centre:
- Indonesia: $1.11 trillion
- Thailand: $543 billion
- Philippines: $376 billion
- Singapore: $372 billion (Financial Centre)
- Malaysia: $364 billion
- Vietnam: $261 billion
- Hong Kong: $365 billion (Financial Centre)
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Former Credit Suisse Alania Concepcion as Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia, 2 Senior Private Bankers Shawn Ngoh & Pichaya Prawanmeet
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 $1.42 Billion Profit, $40 Billion Net Asset Inflow from Private Banking & Asset Management
- Deutsche Bank Hires Terence Leong as Group Head South East Asia Wealth Management, 3 HSBC Private Bankers
- Deutsche Private Bank Launches 4 Funds with Regular Income Using ETFs, AUM at $4.1 Billion
- Deutsche Bank Launches ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore
- Deutsche Bank Survey: 75% of Private Bank Clients View Investments Should Have Positive Impact to the World
- Malaysia Sues JP Morgan, Deutsche and Coutts for $2.93 Billion, Receives $452 Million from United States
- Deutsche Bank to Create $281 Billion International Private Bank
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Hong Kong
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Singapore
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office in the World
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices in the World
About Deutsche Bank International Private Bank
Deutsche Bank’s Private Bank corporate division combines the private banking expertise of the market-leading Deutsche Bank and Postbank brands in Germany with the global network of the International Private Bank (IPB). This includes IPB’s global business with high net worth individuals and SMEs.
The Private Bank provides high-quality financial services from a single source. These range from comprehensive services for private customers and support for demanding entrepreneurs and their families, to solutions for SMEs in important Eurozone markets and India.
The Private Bank is one of the four pillars of Deutsche Bank, along with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS, the institution’s asset management unit. Deutsche Bank is a leading bank in Germany with a global network and strong European roots.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs