UBS Anurag Mahesh Rejoins Deutsche Private Bank as Vice-Chairman APAC
17th November 2021 | Hong Kong
Deutsche Private Bank has appointed UBS Co-Head of Global Family Office for Asia-Pacific Anurag Mahesh as Vice-Chairman APAC of Deutsche Bank Wealth Management. In this newly created role, Anurag Mahesh will focus on bringing new client relationships in the region, and assisting the coverage and advisory teams in deepening relationships with existing clients. Anurag Mahesh will start in early January 2022 based in Singapore, and will report to both Lok Yim (Head of International Private Bank APAC & CEO of Hong Kong) regionally, and Alessandro Caironi (Global Head of Lending and Advisory & Sales) globally. Anurag Mahesh will also join Deutsche Bank International Private Bank APAC Executive Committee.
“ UBS Anurag Mahesh Rejoins Deutsche Private Bank as Vice-Chairman APAC “
Anurag Mahesh, Vice-Chairman APAC of Deutsche Bank Wealth Management
Anurag Mahesh brings with him a wealth of experience forged over more than 25 years in private banking in the region and beyond. He joins from UBS, where he was Co-Head of Global Family Office for Asia Pacific. In that capacity, he drove the buildout of the family office business in APAC. He has also worked closely with regulators and other stakeholders in Singapore as part of key industry groups to further the development of the family office industry there.
Anurag Mahesh had spent ten years with Deutsche Bank from 2007-2017, leaving a lasting impression not only due to the strong client franchise he helped build, but also due to the strong cross-bank collaboration he actively pursued and promoted. He held a wide range of leadership roles while at Deutsche Bank, most recently as Global Head of Key Client Partners.
Lok Yim, Deutsche Bank Head of International Private Bank APAC & CEO of Hong Kong:
“Anurag returns to the bank at a time of strong momentum for our Wealth Management business in particular. The recent upgrade of our ratings by Moody’s, Fitch, and S&P positive for our conversations with clients, and we have been steadily investing in the best talent in the region as well.
We’ve had strong net new asset growth this year, with significant client participation in our recently launched innovative portfolio solutions – the Strategic Asset Allocation and Strategic Income Allocation strategies. With Anurag’s return, we are confident this momentum will continue as we reinforce our position as the preeminent private bank for (U)HNW clients and family entrepreneurs in region.”
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires HSBC Tse Yi-Mun as Group Head for North Asia
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Faye Lee as Managing Director of Southeast Asia Team
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Private Banking Veteran Shankar Jha as Group Head of Global South Asia Team, Sachin Thussu as Investment Advisor
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Divik Maheshwari as Senior FX Advisor & Team Lead of FX Advisory Southeast Asia
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Former Credit Suisse Alania Concepcion as Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia, 2 Senior Private Bankers Shawn Ngoh & Pichaya Prawanmeet
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 $1.42 Billion Profit, $40 Billion Net Asset Inflow from Private Banking & Asset Management
- Deutsche Bank Hires Terence Leong as Group Head South East Asia Wealth Management, 3 HSBC Private Bankers
- Deutsche Private Bank Launches 4 Funds with Regular Income Using ETFs, AUM at $4.1 Billion
- Deutsche Bank Launches ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore
- Deutsche Bank Survey: 75% of Private Bank Clients View Investments Should Have Positive Impact to the World
- Malaysia Sues JP Morgan, Deutsche and Coutts for $2.93 Billion, Receives $452 Million from United States
- Deutsche Bank to Create $281 Billion International Private Bank
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs