Reuters in 60 Seconds
Thomson Reuters is the world’s source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. On 17th April 2008, Thomson Corporation purchase British-based Reuters Group to form Thomson Reuters Corporation.
Thomson Reuters is a public-listed company. The headquarter is in New York, United States while their legal domicile is in Toronto, Canada. Over 53,000 employees work in Thomson Reuters.
- Founded: April 17, 2008 (Merger date)
- Thomson Founded: In 1934 by Roy Thomson
- Reuters Founded: In 1851 by Paul Julius Reuter
- Founders: The Thomson Corporation & Reuters Group
- Country of Founding: New York, USA (HQ) & Toronto, Canada (Legal)
- Number of employees: Over 53,000
Thomson Reuters Eikon
Thomson Reuters Eikon is a financial software that allows financial professionals to monitor and analyse financial information such as real time market data, news, fundamental data, analytics, trading and messaging tools. It was launched in 2011 as a web-based version.
|Rates||$300-1,800 per month|
|Features||Web-browser format, easy to use|
|No. of users worldwide||Over 210,000|
Subscription Cost: $300 to $1,800 per month
Reuters News is an international news agency. It was founded in 1851 by Paul Julius Reuter.
- News Website: http://www.reuters.com
- All Image Credits: Reuters
On 17th April 2008, Thomson Corporation acquired Reuters Group PLC to form Thomson Reuters. In June 2011, the company launched Thomson Reuters Eikon.
In 1934, Roy Thomson founded Thomson Corporation in Ontario as the publisher of The Timmins Daily Press. Between 1953 to 1970, Thomson Corporation had owned Scotsman newspaper, Kemsley Group (includes Sunday Times) & Britannia Airways.
After the death of Roy Thomson, the company sold the Times, the Sunday Times and Scottish Television and moved into publishing, buying Sweet & Maxwell under the group company name of International Thomson Organisation Ltd (ITOL).
In 1989, ITOL merged with Thomson Newspapers, forming The Thomson Corporation.
On 17th April 2008, Thomson Corporation purchase British-based Reuters Group to form Thomson Reuters Corporation.
Reuters Group was founded in 1851 by Paul Julius Reuter. The business transmit stock quotations. In October 1851, he negotiated a contract with the London Stock Exchange to provide stock prices from continental exchanges in return for access to London prices, which he will provide to stockbrokers in Paris, France.
In 1865, Reuters in London was the first media to report the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. In 1941, it was acquired by the British National & Provincial Press. In 1984, Reuters was listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 1980s, Reuters expanded its product range:
- 1987 Equities 2,000
- 1992 Dealing 2000-2
- 1994 Business Briefing
- 1994 Reuters Television
- 1996 3000 Series
- 1999 Reuters 3000 Xtra
|Founders||Paul Julius Reuter|
|Country of Founding||London, UK|
On 17th April 2008, Reuters Group was acquired by Thomson Corporation to form Thomson Reuters Corporation.
Thomson Reuters Websites:
- Website: http://www.thomsonreuters.com
- News Website: http://www.reuters.com
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- 6th June 2023 - Hong Kong
- 13th June 2023 - Singapore
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit