Ex-BSI Banker Yeo Gets 30 Months Jail Term
Yeo Jiawei, an former BSI banker was given a 30 months jail term after being convicted of obstructing justice in Singapore’s linked to 1MDB. This is the most severe punishment given to a banker by Singapore courts.
He is the 3rd former BSI banker found guilty in Singapore’s 1MDB related probes. Singapore is cracking down on bankers after its reputation as a financial centre was put at risk following breaches of anti money laundering rules at various banks.
News Source: Bloomberg
- TFC Marketplace | Find $3 million to $300 million services
- Caproasia Jobs | Find jobs in Private Banks, Family Office, Hedge Funds
- Caproasia Access | Your Homepage
- Caproasia.com | You are already here
Events & Coverage:
- The 2021 Private Wealth Series
- The 2021 Investment Series
- The 2021 Family Office Series
- The 2021 Investment Outlook
- The 2020 Family Office Series Highlights
- 2021 Upcoming Events
BSI is the oldest bank in the Swiss canton of Ticino. Founded in 1873 as the Banca della Svizzera Italiana, today BSI is an institution that specialises in asset management and related services for private and institutional clients.
- Origin : Lugano, Switzerland
- Assets : CHF 21 billion
- Revenue : CHF 816 million
- Employees : 1,900
Official Website: www.bsibank.com
News & Media: Press Release
Updated on 15th August 2016