Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association Announces 4 Winners for Deals & Exits in 2017 at 9th Annual Awards
The Singapore Venture Capital and Private Equity Association commemorated its 26th Anniversary with awards recognizing venture capital and private equity firms who have made successful and significant investments and exits in 2017.
For the first 8 months of 2018, Southeast Asia saw $5.8 billion in investments made by Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Corporate Ventures. While by no means as significant as the capital deployed in 2017, the investment activity seen thus far is a healthy 56% increase over 2016. Venture capital has powered ahead with $3.2 billion surpassing the $2.7 billion for the whole of 2017.
” $5.8 billion of investments made by venture capital, private equity & corporate ventures in 2018 “
Dr Thomas Lanyi, Chairman of SVCA:
“In the face of increasing economic uncertainty and volatile trade conditions all over the world, the role of private equity and venture capital becomes even more vital. The Southeast Asian story for private equity and venture capital continues to captivate investors due to strong growth stories and business propositions. The SVCA Awards recognize these investors who have shrewdly sourced their portfolio companies and those who have added significant material value to their investees.”
2018 SVCA Award Winners:
- Fund Raised of the Year – Dymon Asia Capital (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- VC Deal of the Year – Insignia Venture Partners | Investee: Trusty Cars Pte Ltd (“Carro”)
- PE Deal of the Year – Navis Capital Partners | Investee: AsiaInspection (“AI”)
- PE Exit of the Year – TPG Capital (S) Pte Ltd | Investee: Myanmar Distillery Group (“MDC”)
The 9th SVCA Annual Awards was held in conjunction with the association’s gala dinner at the Shangri-La Hotel’s Tower Ballroom. In the spirit of thanksgiving, a charity auction was also held featuring specially curated limited-edition memorabilia, exotic travel and exquisite food and entertainment experiences as well as original artworks by the talented students and alumni of Pathlight School. Proceeds from the auction went to the Autism Resource Centre (Singapore), the parent charity of Pathlight School.
The Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (“SVCA”) was formed in 1992 to promote the development of the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) industry. SVCA’s mission is to foster greater understanding of the importance of VC and PE to the economy in support of entrepreneurship and innovation and to look after the interests of our members.
The thrust of SVCA’s activities are to promote the professional development of the industry through awards, training, workshops, and conferences; facilitate interaction and collaboration among its members through regular networking events, act as a platform for dialogue on regulatory and policy issues pertaining to VC and PE and build linkages to centres of VC and PE activities in the region through active participation at regional and global initiatives.
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit