33 Chinese Entities Blacklisted by US Commerce Department
Hong Kong | 24th May 2020
United States Commerce Department will be adding a total of 33 Chinese companies to an official Entity List (blacklist). This will restrict the 33 Chinese companies from buying U.S. commodities and technologies without prior approval, which may ultimately affect U.S. national security or foreign policy interest (WMD and Military Activities) , or for suppression of human rights such as the XUAR repression campaign in Xinjiang, China.
“ 33 Chinese Entities Blacklisted By U.S. Commerce Department “
On 22nd May 2020, the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security announced the addition of 24 Chinese governmental and commercial organizations, based in China, Hong Kong and Cayman Islands, to the official Entity List. This will prohibit the export, re-export, or in-country transfer of items without the Department of Commerce authorization.
In the list includes Qihoo 360 technology co., which is the largest cybersecurity company in China and has the most popular anti-virus software in China.
Another 9 Chinese governmental and commercial organizations were added for human rights violations such as the XUAR repression campaign in Xinjiang, China.
Official Entity List
For U.S. National Security or Foreign Policy Interests (24)
- Beijing Cloudmind Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Computational Science Research Center
- Beijing Jincheng Huanyu Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Center for High Pressure Science and Technology Advanced Research
- Chengdu Fine Optical Engineering Research Center
- China Jiuyuan Trading Corporation
- Cloudminds (Hong Kong) Limited
- Cloudminds Inc.
- Harbin Chuangyue Technology Co., Ltd.
- Harbin Engineering University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Harbin Yun Li Da Technology and Development Co., Ltd.
- JCN (HK) Technology Co. Ltd.
- K Logistics (China) Limited
- Kunhai (Yanjiao) Innovation Research Institute
- Peac Institute of Multiscale Science
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Company
- Shanghai Nova Instruments Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Dingcheng Material Trade Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Haitian New Technology Group Co. Ltd.
- Sichuan Zhonghe Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Skyeye Laser Technology Limited
- Zhu Jiejin
For Human Rights (9)
- China’s Ministry of Public Security’s Institute of Forensic Science
- Aksu Huafu Textiles Co
- CloudWalk Technology
- FiberHome Technologies Group
- Nanjing FiberHome
- Starrysky Communication Development
Source: US Commerce
United States Adds Chinese Firms to Blacklist
The Economist: US versus China – A New Kind of Cold War
China – United States Relations: How a trade war became a tech war