Hong Kong Exchange Launches Sustainable and Green Exchange
28th June | Hong Kong
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX) will be launching the HKEX Sustainable and Green Exchange in the 2nd half of 2020. Known as STAGE (HKEX Sustainable and Green Exchange), it will be a new information platform for data and information on sustainable and green finance investments in the Asian region.
” Hong Kong launches HKEX Sustainable and Green Exchange “
Investment managers and investors can find information on sustainability, green and social bonds, ESG-related Exchange Traded Products and many others.
ESG ~ Environmental, Social, and Governance
- TFC Marketplace | Find $3 million to $300 million services
- Caproasia Jobs | Find jobs in Private Banks, Family Office, Hedge Funds
- Caproasia Access | Your Homepage
- Caproasia.com | You are already here
Events & Coverage:
- The 2021 Private Wealth Series
- The 2021 Investment Series
- The 2021 Family Office Series
- The 2021 Investment Outlook
- The 2020 Family Office Series Highlights
- 2021 Upcoming Events
Sustainable and Green Exchange (STAGE)
- HKEX launches Sustainable and Green Exchange (STAGE)
- First-of-its kind and pioneering sustainable & green finance information platform in Asia
- Promote visibility, transparency, and accessibility of sustainable and green finance (asset class & products)
- Provide investors with access to a comprehensive database of sustainable and green investment options on Hong Kong securities markets
- Promote knowledge sharing and stakeholder engagement in sustainable finance
STAGE – Abbreviation of Sustainable and Green Exchange
STAGE – Pioneering Sustainable & Green Finance Information Platform in Asia
STAGE, first-of-its kind and pioneering sustainable & green finance information platform in Asia, will promote the visibility, transparency, and accessibility of sustainable and green finance across asset class and product type.
It will provide investors with access to a comprehensive database of sustainable and green investment options that are available on Hong Kong’s securities markets. It will also act as a valuable education and advocacy platform, promoting knowledge sharing and stakeholder engagement in sustainable finance.
The Initial Phase (2H 2020)
In the initial phase, STAGE will be home to a repository of information on sustainability, green and social bonds and ESG-related Exchange Traded Products listed on HKEX.
Issuers with products that meet international standards or principles and provide post-issuance reports annually are invited to join STAGE without the need to pay any fees and to display their products on the platform. The online repository will be launched later this year (2H 2020).
HKEX will further develop the platform in response to the evolving market landscape, and over time will consider expanding its coverage to introduce more asset classes and product types, such as derivative products linked to relevant sustainability or environmental, social, and governance indices, as well as other sustainable and green financial products.
Growth of Sustainable and Green Investments in APAC
There has also been considerable growth of sustainable and green investment funding in the region in recent years:
- Green bond issuances in Asia-Pacific hit record levels in 2019, raising $18.89 billion
- Mainland China’s green bond market alone accounting for $8.13 billion
- HK arranged and issued cumulatively $26 billion in the HK market at the end of 2019
HKEX Head of Green and Sustainable Finance, Grace Hui:
“The launch of STAGE demonstrates HKEX’s strong commitment to sustainability. By encouraging issuers, investors, asset managers, market participants and advisors to play an active role in enhancing the sustainable and green finance ecosystem in Hong Kong and the region, we are in turn reinforcing the sustainability of our own market.
Our goal is to help issuers raise awareness of their sustainable and green financial products, whilst also offering investors and asset managers easy access to information for their due diligence, selection and monitoring.”
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world’s major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world’s leading IPO market and as Hong Kong’s only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia’s most vibrant markets.
HKEX is also the global leader in metals trading, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, The London Metal Exchange (LME) and LME Clear Limited. This commodity franchise was further enhanced with the launch of Qianhai Mercantile Exchange (QME), in China, in 2018.
HKEX launched the pioneering Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect programme in 2014, further expanded with the launch of Shenzhen Connect in 2016, and the launch of Bond Connect in 2017.
CNBC – The Rise of ESG Investing
Schroders – Sustainable Investing