UBS Launched Future of Earth Fund, 3 Thematic Funds Raised $2.6 Billion
1st June 2021 | Hong Kong
UBS, the Swiss banking group managing more than $4 trillion of assets, have launched the UBS Future of Earth Fund to generate returns by investing in companies addressing environmental issues and benefiting from long-term sustainability trends, such as consumer preferences shifting towards more sustainable products. The UBS Future of Earth Fund has 4 themes, with each theme managed by fund managers Allianz, Pictet, Polar Capital and Robeco. This is the 4th fund UBS Global Wealth Management is launching with a thematic approach, with the first 3 funds currently managing $2.6 billion AUM. (AUM ~ Assets under Management)
“UBS Launched Future of Earth Fund, 3 Thematic Funds Raised $2.6 Billion”
UBS Multi Manager Access II – Future of Earth Fund
The UBS Future of Earth Fund will generate returns by investing in companies addressing environmental issues and benefit from long-term sustainability trends, such as consumer preferences shifting towards more sustainable products, and will focus on 4 themes:
- People, health, communities
- Sustainable energy
The 4 themes were identified by UBS Global Wealth Management Chief Investment Office (CIO) in its recent Future of Earth report.
The 4 themes will be managed respectively by investment managers from Allianz Global Investors, Pictet Asset Management, Polar Capital, and Robeco. Each theme will be benchmarked against a specific MSCI thematic index. The investment universe will consist of equities of small, medium and large-cap companies in developed and emerging markets globally.
The UBS Future of Earth Fund is aligned to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and aims to take into consideration environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities throughout the investment process.
The UBS Multi Manager Access II – Future of Earth fund is available only in jurisdictions including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK.
This is the 4th fund UBS Global Wealth Management is launching with a thematic approach, with the first 3 funds made launched in 2020 and currently managing $2.6 billion AUM (3 Themes: Digital Transformation Dynamic, Digital Transformation Themes, and Future of Humans funds).
UBS Global Wealth Management Head of Global Investment Management, Bruno Marxer:
“In an environment of rising bond yields and increased volatility, we see an opportunity for investors looking to position for structural growth. This fund allows us and our clients to harness the power of investing towards preserving our planet for the next generation and gaining exposure to the sectors set to lead the way. Investors should consider this fund as part of a diversified long-term portfolio.”
[Statement by UBS: UBS was the first major global financial institution to make sustainable investments its preferred solution for private clients investing globally and, in April 2021, announced tougher environmental standards and a detailed roadmap for achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The Future of Earth fund exemplifies the bank’s ambition to provide new sustainable investment opportunities and make them readily available to clients through UBS GWM’s Manage SI mandate solution, via the UBS My Way app, or as part of the advisory product shelf.]
- UBS Releases 2020 Sustainability Report & Sharp Rise in Sustainable Investment to $793 Billion
- UBS and Partners Group to Give UBS Clients Access to Private Markets Investments
- UBS Global Family Report 2020
- UBS Investor Watch Survey & Life to Change after Pandemic
- Singapore Exchange Appoints Herry Cho as Head of Sustainability and Sustainable Finance
- Hong Kong Exchange Launches Sustainable and Green Exchange
- 2020 Annual Impact Investor Survey & Global Impact Investing $715 Billion Market Maturing
- IFC Releases The 2020 Growing Impact Report
- Credit Suisse, UBS, Nomura, MUFJ and Morgan Stanley Losses for Archegos Family Office Nears $10 Billion
- UBS Reports $861 Million Losses from Archegos Family Office, $4.2 Trillion AUM and $1.82 Billion Profit for Q1 2021
- Credit Suisse Raises $1.92 Billion in Capital, $5.5 billion Losses from Archegos Family Office
- Credit Suisse and Nomura in $6 Billion Hit by Bill Hwang Archegos Family Office
- HSBC UK Faces $1.61 billion Lawsuit for Tax-Efficient Disney Films Investments
- 20 Traders Who Lost More than a Billion
- 20 Traders Who Lost More than a Billion
- 10 Trading Quotes from the 5 Greatest Traders of All-Time
- Top Family Office Reports in 2020
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office in the World
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices in the World
- Special Coverage: The Family Office Series 2020
UBS provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as private clients in Switzerland. UBS’s strategy is centered on our leading global wealth management business and our premier universal bank in Switzerland, enhanced by Asset Management and the Investment Bank. The bank focuses on businesses that have a strong competitive position in their targeted markets, are capital efficient, and have an attractive long-term structural growth or profitability outlook.
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in more than 50 regions and locations, with about 31% of its employees working in the Americas, 32% in Switzerland, 19% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 18% in Asia Pacific. UBS Group AG employs over 67,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs