China Authority Crackdown on Virtual Currency, Issue Warning to Financial Institutions & Businesses
8th July 2021 | Hong Kong
China financial authority continues its crackdown on virtual currency, issuing warning to financial institutions and businesses not to directly or indirectly provide virtual currency-related services to customers, and consumers to not to participate in the hype of virtual currency (Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency etc). The statement issued on 6th of July 2021 (Tuesday), also ordered a Chinese company Beijing Tongdao Cultural Development to cancel its software services for virtual currency transactions. View: Statement
” China Authority Crackdown on Virtual Currency, Issue Warning to Financial Institutions & Businesses “
Risk reminder on preventing virtual currency trading activities by Business Management Department of the People’s Bank of China
In order to implement the decision and deployment of the Party Central Committee and the State Council on cracking down on virtual currency transactions, prevent and control the risks of virtual currency transactions, and protect the people’s property safety, the Beijing Local Financial Supervision and Administration Bureau has recently joined forces with the Business Management Department of the People’s Bank of China and Huairou District Government Relevant departments have cleaned up and rectified Beijing Tongdao Cultural Development Co., Ltd., which was suspected of providing software services for virtual currency transactions, and ordered the company to cancel. The official website has been suspended.
Here, we solemnly warn relevant institutions within our jurisdiction not to provide business premises, commercial display, marketing, and paid diversion services for virtual currency-related business activities. Financial institutions and payment institutions within the jurisdiction shall not directly or indirectly provide virtual currency-related services to customers.
At the same time, it reminds consumers that they should enhance their risk awareness and establish correct investment concepts. Do not participate in virtual currency trading hype activities, do not blindly follow the trend of virtual currency-related speculation, and beware of personal property and rights damage. Personal bank accounts should be cherished and not used for virtual currency account recharge and withdrawal, purchase and sale-related transaction recharge codes, and transfer of relevant transaction funds, etc., to prevent illegal use and personal information leakage. Promptly report clues about violations of laws and regulations related to virtual currency transactions, and report to the public security organs in time for suspected crimes.
Beijing Local Financial Supervision and Administration Bureau
People’s Bank of China Business Management Department
July 6, 2021
- China Increased Scrutiny on Foreign IPOs & Tech Giants, Requires Pre-Approval for Offshore IPOs
- Didi App Download Suspended in China, Faces Lawsuit for Misleading Investor
- 150 Stocks Suspended Trading on Hong Kong Stock Exchange for Missing Filing Deadline
- Hong Kong SFC: Police Arrested 12 People Suspected of Ramp & Dump Manipulation Schemes
- Hong Kong SFC Issues Restriction Notices to 13 Brokers for 54 Accounts Related to Social Media Scam
- Hong Kong & Singapore Regulators Warn Investors of Increased Trading Risks Triggered by Social Media & Online Forums
- Hong Kong SFC Warns of Investment Scams on Social Media Platforms
- Singapore Exchange Issues Alert on Stocks Trading Scam in Chat Groups
- Keynote Speech by Chairman Yi Huiman at the CSRC Roundtable of China Development Forum 2021