Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs
20th August 2021 | Hong Kong
Deutsche Private Bank has hired Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions Asia-Pacific, joining from Pictet where he was the CEO of Singapore. In the newly created role as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Dominique Jooris who had held senior roles in DCM (Debt Capital Markets) in Goldman Sachs & Lehman Brothers, will advise family offices, billionaires & UHNWs by institutionalising their wealth solutions through more efficient structures and vehicles. Deutsche Private Bank has been on a hiring leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia and Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia.
“ Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs “
Dominique Jooris, Deutsche Head of Wealth Solutions APAC
Deutsche Private Bank:
“Asia Pacific continues to be the fastest growing region in the world for wealth accumulation, and has been for the last 20 years. Asia Pacific is already home to more billionaires than any other region. Given this dramatic wealth accumulation, many Asian families are institutionalising their wealth management through more efficient structures and vehicles, primarily via family offices.
To drive coverage of this increasingly important client segment in the region, we are delighted to welcome Dominique Jooris to Deutsche Bank, in a new role as Head of Wealth Solutions Coverage, Asia Pacific.”
Shang-Wei Chow, Southeast Asia Leader
Deutsche Private Bank has been on a hiring leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia and Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia.
In July 2021, Shang-Wei Chow began his role as Head of Southeast Asia Wealth Management at Deutsche Bank to lead and grow Deutsche’s Bank Wealth Management and Private Banking business in Southeast Asia.
Shang-Wei Chow has also joined from HSBC Private bank, where he was HSBC Private Bank Singapore and Malaysia Market Head. Prior to joining HSBC Private Bank, he was with UBS for 13 years.
In 2021 Q2, Deutsche’s Private Bank delivered strong performance with $16.5 billion (€14 billion) net inflows, generating revenue of €820 million, an increase of 9% from 2020 Q2 due to business growth in recovering markets. Private Banking and Wealth Management (WM) revenues were up 8% to €607 million, while Personal Banking revenues were up 14% to €213 million. (Adjusted for FX and specific items, Private Banking and WM revenues were up 10%)
Deutsche Bank is Germany’s largest bank and one of the largest bank in Europe and the world. Deutsche Bank International Private Bank manages more than $281 billion of assets globally (June 2020).
Southeast Asia, $3.1 trillion GDP, 650 million
Southeast Asia has more than 650 million population and a combined GDP of more than $3.1 trillion. Southeast Asia is also home to one of the fastest growing billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs in Asia.
Largest Economy in Southeast Asia, Financial Centre:
- Indonesia: $1.11 trillion
- Thailand: $543 billion
- Philippines: $376 billion
- Singapore: $372 billion (Financial Centre)
- Malaysia: $364 billion
- Vietnam: $261 billion
- Hong Kong: $365 billion (Financial Centre)
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia, 2 Senior Private Bankers Shawn Ngoh & Pichaya Prawanmeet
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 $1.42 Billion Profit, $40 Billion Net Asset Inflow from Private Banking & Asset Management
- Deutsche Bank Hires Terence Leong as Group Head South East Asia Wealth Management, 3 HSBC Private Bankers
- Deutsche Private Bank Launches 4 Funds with Regular Income Using ETFs, AUM at $4.1 Billion
- Deutsche Bank Launches ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore
- Deutsche Bank Survey: 75% of Private Bank Clients View Investments Should Have Positive Impact to the World
- Malaysia Sues JP Morgan, Deutsche and Coutts for $2.93 Billion, Receives $452 Million from United States
- Deutsche Bank to Create $281 Billion International Private Bank
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Hong Kong
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Singapore
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office in the World
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices in the World
About Deutsche Bank International Private Bank
Deutsche Bank’s Private Bank corporate division combines the private banking expertise of the market-leading Deutsche Bank and Postbank brands in Germany with the global network of the International Private Bank (IPB). This includes IPB’s global business with high net worth individuals and SMEs.
The Private Bank provides high-quality financial services from a single source. These range from comprehensive services for private customers and support for demanding entrepreneurs and their families, to solutions for SMEs in important Eurozone markets and India.
The Private Bank is one of the four pillars of Deutsche Bank, along with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS, the institution’s asset management unit. Deutsche Bank is a leading bank in Germany with a global network and strong European roots.
Visit: Deutsche Bank Wealth Management
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit