Singapore MAS Setup Sustainability Group, Appoints Dr Darian McBain as Chief Sustainability Officer
10th September 2021 | Singapore
Singapore central bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has announced the setup of a new Sustainability Group and appointed Dr Darian McBain as Chief Sustainability Officer with effect from 1st October 2021. Dr McBain has more than 20 years of experience in sustainability, and was the Chief Sustainability Officer at Thai Union Group and recently named as United Nations Sustainable Development Goal Pioneer for the environmental initiatives she has spearheaded. Dr McBain holds a PhD in social indicators for global supply chain analysis and a Masters in business strategy, politics and environment. Dr McBain will report to Ho Hern Shin (Deputy Managing Director, Financial Supervision) and Leong Sing Chiong (Deputy Managing Director, Markets and Development) and will set the agenda for MAS’ Green Finance Steering Committee chaired by Ravi Menon (Managing Director).
“ Singapore MAS Setup Sustainability Group, Appoints Dr Darian McBain as Chief Sustainability Officer “
The Singapore MAS Sustainability Group
The Singapore MAS Sustainability Group will steer sustainability efforts across MAS and build deeper capabilities. The new group will coordinate MAS’ green finance and sustainability agenda:
- Strengthen the financial sector’s resilience against environmental risks
- Develop a vibrant green finance ecosystem to support Asia’s transition to a low-carbon future
- Identify strategic green finance collaborations with regional and international counterparts
- Reduce MAS’ own carbon and environmental footprint.
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Managing Director Ravi Menon:
“The formation of the Sustainability Group reflects MAS’ commitment to embed climate change and environmental sustainability across its roles as a financial regulator, as a promoter of the financial sector, and as an organisation.
Green finance and climate resilience are growing areas of priority for MAS and we are pleased to have Darian join us and lead our efforts in these areas.”
- Singapore MAS Bans 2 Former UOB Kay Hian Representatives for Dishonest Conduct on IPO Background Checks
- Singapore MAS FY2020/2021 Report: AUM Reaches $3.48 Trillion
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Reply on 15% Tax rate and Impact on Singapore as a Financial Centre
- Singapore Central Bank MAS to Increase Investigative Power, Enter Premises without Prior Notice or Court Order
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Reprimands AIA, Prudential and Aviva for Breaching Sales Incentives Requirements
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Allocates $1.8 Billion to 5 Asset Managers for Climate Investments
- Singapore Central Bank MAS New Board of Directors, Ravi Menon Extends Managing Director Role for 2 Years
- SGX, DBS, Standard Chartered & Temasek Launches New Global Exchange for Carbon Credits
- The Future of Capital is Green: Keynote Address by Ravi Menon at IMAS-Bloomberg Investment Conference 2021
- MAS Makes Key Changes to Senior Management Team, Appoints Ho Hern Shin as new Deputy Managing Director
- Hong Kong & Singapore Regulators Warn Investors of Increased Trading Risks Triggered by Social Media & Online Forums
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Appoints Leong Sing Chiong as New Deputy Managing Director to Oversee Markets & Development
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Releases Asset Management Survey 2019
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Announces Initiatives to Support New Interest Rate & Singapore Overnight Rate Average (SORA)
- Singapore Central Bank MAS and IBF Launches Skills Map for Family Office Advisors
About Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore’s central bank and integrated financial regulator. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through appropriate monetary policy formulation and close macroeconomic surveillance of emerging trends and potential vulnerabilities.
As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore – banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors, and stock exchanges. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education.
MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs