Singapore Central Bank MAS 50th Anniversary: Golden Jubilee Conference in Nov 2021, Film Release and New Gallery
8th October 2021 | Hong Kong
Singapore Central Bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) which began operations in 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a Golden Jubilee Conference to be held on the 2nd & 3rd of November 2021, alongside a documentary film “The Future of Money” to be released in January 2022 and a revamped MAS Gallery with a refreshed look and new exhibits in early 2022. Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will also be releasing 2 books: “Resilience, Dynamism, Trust: 50 Landmark Statements by MAS Leaders” and “A History of Money in Singapore.” The first celebratory event was the Partners Appreciation Evening on the 7th October 2021 with Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong as the Guest-of-Honour, recognising key partners and organisations who have worked alongside MAS and made significant contributions to Singapore’s financial sector and the broader economy. Visit: MAS 50th Anniversary
“ Singapore Central Bank MAS 50th Anniversary: Golden Jubilee Conference in Nov 2021, Film Release and New Gallery “
Singapore Central Bank MAS 50th Anniversary:
A Golden Jubilee Conference will be held on the 2nd & 3rd of November 2021, which will see eminent central bankers and academics participate in discussions on monetary policy, financial stability, and central banking in Asia.
A documentary film, titled “The Future of Money”, that will examine key issues in the rapidly changing world of finance, including technological disruption and climate change, and how Singapore is navigating these changes while maintaining financial stability and making finance more inclusive and sustainable. The film will be launched in January 2022.
The MAS Gallery will be revamped with a refreshed look and new exhibits. The fully contactless new Gallery will occupy two floors in the MAS Building. Visitors to the new Gallery will learn about how Singapore’s currency notes have evolved, how MAS conducts monetary policy, and how MAS fosters a sound and progressive financial sector, through interactive multi-media displays and games. The Gallery is expected to be opened in early 2022.
MAS will launch two books to commemorate its 50th anniversary. The first book, titled “Resilience, Dynamism, Trust: 50 Landmark Statements by MAS Leaders”, will be launched during the Partners Appreciation Evening. The first book is a compendium of key speeches and statements by MAS leaders over the past 50 years, tracing the development of MAS’ policies and strategies as a central bank, integrated financial regulator, and promoter of Singapore as an international financial centre. The second book is a specially commissioned work, titled “A History of Money in Singapore”. It will be launched at the Golden Jubilee Conference. This book presents an account of Singapore’s currency and monetary history from pre-colonial times to the present day.
- Visit: MAS 50th Anniversary
Singapore MAS 50th Anniversary
MAS Chairman Tharman Shanmugaratnam:
“This year marks the 50th anniversary of MAS. We have come a long way since our beginnings in 1971.
MAS has progressively over the five decades become a central bank and integrated financial supervisor of repute amongst its international peers, a source of confidence domestically, and an active partner with the industry in developing opportunities for Singapore’s growth as an international financial centre. MAS’ standing is testimony to the vision, dedication, and commitment to excellence of its past leaders and staff.”
MAS Managing Director Ravi Menon:
“We commemorate this milestone with a range of activities to reflect on the journey we have taken and to thank all our partners who have walked with us and helped us on this journey.
Like the rest of Singapore, MAS has come a long way. My colleagues and I are deeply conscious of the legacy which we have inherited and will continue to do our best for Singapore.”
- $280 Billion Singapore Temasek CEO Ho Ching Retires after 20 Years
- Singapore MAS Bans 2 Former UOB Kay Hian Representatives for Dishonest Conduct on IPO Background Checks
- Singapore MAS FY2020/2021 Report: AUM Reaches $3.48 Trillion
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Reply on 15% Tax rate and Impact on Singapore as a Financial Centre
- Singapore Central Bank MAS to Increase Investigative Power, Enter Premises without Prior Notice or Court Order
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Reprimands AIA, Prudential and Aviva for Breaching Sales Incentives Requirements
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Allocates $1.8 Billion to 5 Asset Managers for Climate Investments
- Singapore Central Bank MAS New Board of Directors, Ravi Menon Extends Managing Director Role for 2 Years
- SGX, DBS, Standard Chartered & Temasek Launches New Global Exchange for Carbon Credits
- The Future of Capital is Green: Keynote Address by Ravi Menon at IMAS-Bloomberg Investment Conference 2021
- MAS Makes Key Changes to Senior Management Team, Appoints Ho Hern Shin as new Deputy Managing Director
- Hong Kong & Singapore Regulators Warn Investors of Increased Trading Risks Triggered by Social Media & Online Forums
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Appoints Leong Sing Chiong as New Deputy Managing Director to Oversee Markets & Development