UBS Launches 3 Year Program UBS Collectives for Philanthropic Clients
8th October 2021 | Hong Kong
UBS, the Swiss banking group managing more than $4 trillion of assets has launched the UBS Collectives, an innovative social-impact initiative that connects UBS’s philanthropic clients with expertise and to fund initiatives such as child protection, climate change, health, and education-related issues. UBS Philanthropy Services team will mentor and provide guidance to the members of the Collectives over the course of 3 years.
” UBS Launches 3 Year Program UBS Collectives for Philanthropic Clients “
UBS Collectives, UBS’s Philanthropy Services Team
Clients will have the opportunity to participate in the following UBS Collectives:
- Transform Collective will support family-based care for vulnerable children as an alternative to institutional care. These philanthropists will aim to reform policies and practices to protect vulnerable children, strengthen families, and reduce the number of children living in institutional care facilities (estimated between five to six million children worldwide).
- Climate Collective will develop and implement strategies that mitigate the effects of climate change, sequester carbon emissions using nature-based solutions, support local community development and improve biodiversity in Southeast Asia and beyond.
- Accelerate Collective will explore innovative social finance models to unlock more-effective funding that will improve the health and education of disadvantaged children in West Africa and Southeast Asia.
UBS’s Philanthropy Services team will mentor and provide guidance to the members of the Collectives over the course of three years. During the first year, each Collective will build a framework tailored to their respective philanthropic issue, focused on strategy, implementation and measurement of program impact.
In the second year, members will travel to the locations relevant to their Collective, where they will put their learnings from year one into practice. All three UBS Collectives will then convene through webinars, in-person conferences and additional site visits to monitor the progress made by their efforts.
Phyllis Costanza, Head of Social Impact at UBS and CEO of the UBS Optimus Foundation:
“We are excited to offer clients the unique opportunity to work alongside their peers and expert practitioners to drive systemic change across some of the most complex philanthropic issues. We are excited to offer clients the unique opportunity to work alongside their peers and expert practitioners to drive systemic change across some of the most complex philanthropic issues.”
Tom Hall, Global Head of Philanthropy Services at UBS:
“To do that, they want to fully understand the root cause of those issues and work with likeminded individuals and experts to create solutions to address them.”
- Hong Kong SFC Fines UBS $1.49 Million for Failure to Disclose Conflict of Interests, Risks and to Qualify Clients
- UBS Gathers Investors and ESG Thought Leaders, $793 Billion of Client Assets in Sustainable Investments
- UBS and Invesco Launch Institutional Grade Real Estate Investments for UBS Clients
- UBS Investor Watch June 2021: 3800 HNWIs in Survey, 90% Wants to Use Capital to Drive Change
- UBS Launched Future of Earth Fund, 3 Thematic Funds Raised $2.6 Billion
- UBS Releases 2020 Sustainability Report & Sharp Rise in Sustainable Investment to $793 Billion
- UBS and Partners Group to Give UBS Clients Access to Private Markets Investments
- UBS Global Family Report 2020
- UBS Investor Watch Survey & Life to Change after Pandemic
UBS provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as private clients in Switzerland. UBS’s strategy is centered on our leading global wealth management business and our premier universal bank in Switzerland, enhanced by Asset Management and the Investment Bank. The bank focuses on businesses that have a strong competitive position in their targeted markets, are capital efficient, and have an attractive long-term structural growth or profitability outlook.
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in more than 50 regions and locations, with about 30% of its employees working in the Americas, 31% in Switzerland, 19% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 20% in Asia Pacific. UBS Group AG employs over 68,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs