Hong Kong, Asia's leading financial centre
Caproasia.com | The leading source of data, research, information & resource for investment managers, professional investors, UHNW & HNW investors, and advisors to institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Caproasia - Learn more

This site is for accredited investors, professional investors, investment managers and financial professionals only. You should have assets around $3 million to $300 million or managing $20 million to $3 billion.

Former Hong Kong Central Bank Chief Executive Norman Chan Files SPAC IPO via HK Acquisition Corp with 51% Shareholding

5th March 2022 | Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong central bank (HKMA) Chief Executive Norman Chan has filed a SPAC IPO listing via HK Acquisition Corp on Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with 51% shareholding of the SPAC.  The remaining 49% shares are owned by Katherine Tsang (former Chair of Standard Chartered Greater China & sister of former Hong Kong Chief Executive Donald Tsang) and Donald Tsang’s son Thomas Tsang.  Hong Kong requires SPAC listing to raise at least HKD 1 billion, which is around USD 128 million.  In 2019, Norman Chan stepped down as Chief Executive of Hong Kong central bank (HKMA) after 10 years on the role.  In 2020, Norman Chan founded fintech firm Round Dollar Wallet Technologies, a digital payment services to facilitate cross-border payments.  (SPAC ~ Special Purpose Acquisition Company, also known as “blank cheque company”, HKMA ~ Hong Kong Monetary Authority, IPO ~ Initial Public Offering)

“ Former Hong Kong Central Bank Chief Executive Norman Chan Files SPAC IPO via HK Acquisition Corp with 51% Shareholding “


Ads & Announcements

The 2023 Investment Day | HK & SG - Visit & Register here
Where do you invest $250k, $1 million, $10 million, $100 million or $1 billion? Can you generate IRR of 10% / 15% / 20% or more? Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Boutique Funds, Private Markets & more. Taking place on 28th March 2023 in Hong Kong, 4th April 2023 in Singapore, and Virtual Investment Day in April 2023.

CNBC: Expect fewer SPAC listings but more high-quality ones in Hong Kong


SCMP:  SPACs – Everything you need to know about the finance world’s new big thing

2021 Data Release
2020 List of Private Banks in Hong Kong
2020 List of Private Banks in Singapore
2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office
2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices
2020 Report: Hong Kong Private Banks & Asset Mgmt - $4.49 Trillion
2020 Report: Singapore Asset Mgmt - $3.48 Trillion AUM

Register Below
Latest 2022 data & reports, insights & news
Every Saturday & Sunday 2 pm
Direct to your inbox
Save 2 to 8 hours per week. Organised for success

For Investors | Professionals | Executives

New to Caproasia?
Join 10,000 +
Learn More | Sign Up Today

For CEOs, Heads, Senior Management, Market Heads, Desk Heads, Financial Professionals, Investment Managers, Asset Managers, Fund Managers, Hedge Funds, Boutique Funds, Analysts, Advisors, Wealth Managers, Private Bankers, Family Offices, Investment Bankers, Private Equity, Institutional Investors, Professional Investors

Get Ahead in 60 Seconds. Join 10,000 +
Save 2 to 8 hours weekly. Organised for Success.

Subscribe / Sign Up / Contact Us

    Mailing ListFree TrialSubscriptionMembershipEvents

    Professional InvestorPrivate WealthFamily OfficePrivate BankingWealth ManagementInvestmentsAlternativesPrivate MarketsCapital MarketsESG & SICEO & EntrepreneursTax, Legal & RisksHNW & UHNWs Insights

    Caproasia | Driving the future of Asia
    a financial information technology co.
    since 2014

    Web links may be disabled on mobile for security.
    Please click on desktop.

    Previous articleBNP Paribas 2022 Alternative Investment Survey:  Increase of $244 Million in Hedge Funds Per Investor, Focus on Multi-Strategy, APAC & Europe 
    Next articleHotpot Haidilao Founder & Singapore Billionaire Zhang Yong to Step Down as CEO, Yang Lijuan Becomes CEO 
    Caproasia.com covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. Our users manage, advise & invest $25 trillion assets in Asia