2015 Global Personal & Corporate Tax Rate at a Glance
2015 Global Personal & Corporate Tax Rate:
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand
- Europe: United Kingdom, Switzerland, Russia
- America: United States, Canada
- Oceania: New Zealand, Australia
The 15 Countries represent 58.63% of global GDP. The countries are selected because of their financial connectivity to Asia Wealth Management Industry. Read More: 5 Reasons why Wealth Management is harder in low-tax countries
|Highest Personal Income Tax Rate||Australia||45%|
|Lowest Personal Income Tax Rate||Russia||13%|
|Average Personal Income Tax||Global*||32.57%|
|Highest Corporate Tax Rate||United States||47%|
|Lowest Corporate Tax rate||Hong Kong||16.5%|
|Average Corporate Tax||Global*||26.02%|
*Global – Refers to 15 Countries
- Australia & China have the highest tax for highest-tier Personal Income Tax at 45%
- 10 out of 15 countries have personal income tax (highest tier) of more than 30%
- Russia, Hong Kong and Singapore have the lowest income tax rate for highest tier tax – 13%, 17%, 20%.
- 6 out of 15 countries have zero tax for the lowest income earner
- United Kingdom has the highest tax on lowest income earner at 20%
- Hong Kong, Singapore and Switzerland have the lowest corporate tax rate – 16.5%, 17%, 17.92%.
- The highest corporate tax: United States – 47%, Japan – 38.01%, Canada, 31% tax.
Read More: 5 Reasons why Wealth Management is harder in low-tax countries
No. 1 Which country have the highest tax for the highest-tier Personal Income Tax?
Australia & China have the highest tax for highest-tier Personal Income Tax at 45% tax rate. 10 out of 15 countries have Personal Income Tax of more than 30%.
There is a substantial tax-difference of more than 15% between Personal Income Tax and Corporate Tax in Switzerland, United Kingdom, China, Japan, Australia and Thailand. See below:
List of Countries with Personal Income Tax higher than than 30%:
|Country||Personal Highest Tier Tax Rate||Corporate Tax||Difference|
No. 2 Which country have the lowest tax for highest-tier Personal Income Tax?
Russia, Hong Kong and Singapore have the lowest tax for the highest-tier income tax bracket.
Russia have a flat personal income tax rate of 13%. Hong Kong highest personal income tax tier is 17% while in Singapore, it is at 20%.
|Country||Highest Tier Tax Rate|
|Russia||Flat rate 13%|
The average highest personal income tax tier is 32.57% for the 15 countries. Having a tax rate of 13%, 17% or 20% means the top income earner enjoy significant savings, compared to the highest tax countries such as Australia, China, United Kingdom, Japan and Switzerland. The 5 countries have a personal income tax of more than 40% for the highest tier tax rate.
No. 3 Which are the countries with zero tax for the lowest income earners?
6 out of 15 countries have zero tax for the lowest income earner. The countries are Switzerland, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Australia.
|Zero Tax||With Tax|
|Switzerland||United Kingdom – 20%|
|India||Russia – 13%|
|Malaysia||Japan – 5%|
|Singapore||China – 3%|
|Thailand||Hong Kong – 2%|
|Australia||Indonesia – 5%|
|United States – 10%|
|Canada – 15%|
|New Zealand – 10.5%|
United Kingdom has the highest tax on lowest income earner at 20%, followed by Canada at 15% and Russia at 13%.
No. 4 Which countries have the lowest corporate tax?
Hong Kong, Singapore and Switzerland have the lowest corporate tax rate. Hong Kong tax rate is 16.5%, Singapore is 17%, Switzerland is 17.92%. All of them are leading global financial center.
|Country||Corporate Tax Rate|
Of the 15 countries on this list, these are the only 3 countries with less than 20% corporate tax rate. They are comparatively lower than the average of 26.02%.
No. 5 Which country have the highest corporate tax?
United States have the highest corporate tax. United States corporates pay 47% corporate tax while in Japan, companies pay 38.01%. In Canada, companies pay 31% tax.
|Country||Corporate Tax Rate|
Of the 15 countries on this list, these are the only 3 countries with more than 30% corporate tax rate.
No. 6 What is the most common corporate tax rate?
9 out of 15 countries have a corporate tax between 20% to 30%. The list below:
|Countries||Corporate Tax Rate|
|United Kingdom, Russia, Thailand||20%|
|China, Malaysia, Indonesia||25%|
The highest corporate tax is United States at 47% while the lowest is Hong Kong at 16.5%.
No. 7 Which countries are the most tax friendly?
United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Both countries have zero personal income tax. For corporate tax, it is zero in United Arab Emirates while in Qatar, it is only 10%.
We exclude countries such as British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Seychelles, Bermudas … … for economic viability reasons.
Learn More: 5 Reasons why Wealth Management is harder in low-tax countries
Data Source: World Bank, IMF, KPMG, Income Tax Department of respective countries
- 2015 Singapore Fund Management at a Glance
- 2015 Overview of the Financial Industry in Singapore
- 2015 Stock Exchange Market Capitalization
- 2015 Top 50 Richest List for Singapore & Malaysia
- 2015 Malaysia Top 50 Richest
- 2015 Singapore Top 50 Richest
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit