Facebook co-Founder Eduardo Saverin B Capital Creates SPAC to Raise $300 Million on NASDAQ
22nd February 2021 | Singapore
B Capital Group, a private equity firm co-founded by facebook co-founder and now Singapore Citizen Eduardo Saverin, has created a SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) to raise up to $300 million on Nasdaq to invest into transformation technology companies.
” Facebook co-Founder Eduardo Saverin B Capital Creates SPAC to Raise $300 Million on NASDAQ “
SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) is also popularly referred to as a blank cheque company, that allows the listed company without any existing businesses to raise capital through an IPO (initial public offering), and thereafter use the capital to invest into companies.
- NASDAQ Executed 300 IPOs in 2020, Raising $77.86 Billion
- New York Stock Exchange Remains Market Leader for IPO in 2020, Raising $81.8 Billion
- Billionaire & Google co-Founder Sergey Brin Setup Family Office in Singapore
- TFC Marketplace | Find $3 million to $300 million services
- Caproasia Jobs | Find jobs in Private Banks, Family Office, Hedge Funds
- Caproasia Access | Your Homepage
- Caproasia.com | You are already here
Events & Coverage:
- The 2021 Private Wealth Series
- The 2021 Investment Series
- The 2021 Family Office Series
- The 2021 Investment Outlook
- The 2020 Family Office Series Highlights
- 2021 Upcoming Events
B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp
The SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) created is B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp, which is founded only in 2021. The IPO (initial public offering) filing took place on 19th February 2021 and confirm plans to list on Nasdaq.
Should the company successfully raised the $300 million through the IPO (initial public offering) on NASDAQ, the newly created firm in 2021 will be valued at $375 million.
Summary of IPO filing
- Company: B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp
- Founded: 2021
- To Raise: $300 million
- Offer: 30 million units at $10
- Each unit = 1 share common stock + 1/3 warrant at $11.50
- Valuation: $375 million
- Company HQ: New York
- Planned Exchange: Nasdaq
- Symbol: BCTAU
- Bookrunner: Credit Suisse
B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp Founders & Company
B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp is backed by B Capital. The Chairman is Howard Morgan, who is also the co-founder and Chairman of B Capital Group. Howard Morgan was the former President and co-founder of Renaissance Technologies with Jim Simons, one of the world’s largest hedge fund.
The CEO is Raj Ganguly, co-founder of B Capital and is also a senior advisor at top management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group (BCG). Eduardo Saverin facebook co-founder, co-founder of B Capital and now Singapore Citizen is a special advisor to B Capital Technology Opportunities Corp.
The company plans to focus on targets with operations or prospective operations in technology that is transforming large traditional industries such as:
- Consumer enablement
- Financial services
- Health & wellness
- Industrial & transportation
B Capital Group
B Capital was founded in 2015 and invests in transformative technology startups during their early expansion stage (Series B, C rounds), at which time a company is prepared for rapid growth and acceleration. The firm invests between $10 million to $50 million in each portfolio company, including reserves for future growth funding.
In June 2020, B Capital Group closed its 2nd fund of $820 million, with the group totalling AUM of more than $1.4 billion.