$207 Billion Asset Manager Robeco to Grow ESG in Asia, Grow Investment Team in Singapore
23rd July 2021 | Hong Kong
Robeco, the global asset manager headquartered in Netherlands with $207 billion AUM, has announced plans to grow ESG capabilities (Environment, Social & Governance) in Asia and ESG investment team in Singapore. Robeco will appoint 3 sustainability specialists in Asia, as part of Robeco’s Sustainability Investing Centre of Expertise with more than 35 dedicated portfolio managers, to provide localized ESG expertise across the region. As of March 2021, 90% of Robeco’s $207 billion Assets under Management are ESG-integrated and 96% of fund assets are Article 8 or 9 based on Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) definitions. (AUM ~ Assets under Management )
“ $207 Billion Asset Manager Robeco to Grow ESG in Asia, Grow Investment Team in Singapore “
Robeco Sustainable Investments, Since 1995
Robeco has over 25 years of experience sustainable investing, introducing its first sustainable equity strategy in 1995 and launching an Asian sustainable equity strategy in 2020. Robeco was also among the first to launch strategies that apply Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as well as climate fixed income strategies which help to address climate-related risks. As of March 2021, 90% of Robeco’s $207 billion Assets under Management are ESG-integrated and 96% of fund assets are Article 8 or 9 based on Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) definitions.
Robeco offers 3 types of strategies: Sustainability inside, Sustainability focused and Impact investing.
Robeco plans to scale up existing ESG education and training activities in Singapore. Robeco has launched e-learning modules under Robeco Essentials since October 2018 and has worked with clients, research institutes and institutes of higher learning to bridge the knowledge gap on sustainable investing in the country. Robeco will continue to share its expertise in sustainable investing, engaging with companies and partners across topics such as SDGs and climate investing to contribute as a valuable player to the sustainability ecosystem in Singapore.
Nayan Patel, Chief Executive Officer, Robeco Singapore:
“Expanding our investment and ESG capabilities in Singapore moves us towards the next phase of growth following five years of successful operations here. With sound financial infrastructure and regulatory support, Singapore is strategically important for us as a gateway to engage with clients in the region. We are delighted to bring our global expertise in sustainable investing to Asia, working closely with our clients and partners to navigate the increasingly exciting but complex field of ESG.
Whether it is analyzing ESG data, integrating climate change considerations or maximizing shareholders’ value through active ownership, Robeco has deep knowledge to help investors in Asia meet their sustainable investing objectives. With local specialists to anchor on-the-ground initiatives, combined with our extensive global experience, we expect to capture even more growth opportunities in ESG and become a leader in sustainable investing in Singapore. Our Singapore expansion will also contribute to Robeco’s ambition to achieve net-zero emissions across all assets by 2050.”
Robeco in Asia-Pacific Since 2005, Singapore in 2016
Robeco opened its Singapore office in 2016, establishing its regional fixed income hub in Asia as an extension of its global fixed income team. In addition to growing ESG expertise, Robeco looks to strengthen existing fixed income capabilities in Singapore with two new fixed income research and investment professionals.
Robeco has had a presence in Asia Pacific since 2005. It has grown its footprint in the region significantly since then, and now has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne and Tokyo. Robeco’s Asia Pacific equities investment team is based in Hong Kong and the Shanghai office provides on-the-ground Chinese A-share research to Robeco investment teams globally.
- UBS Gathers Investors and ESG Thought Leaders, $793 Billion of Client Assets in Sustainable Investments
- Schroders Grows ESG in Asia-Pacific, Appoints Mervyn Tang as Head of Sustainability Strategy APAC
- SGX & NASDAQ Provides Sustainable Bond Data Network to Global Investors, 650 issuers & 6500 Bonds
- Hong Kong SFC Publishes ESG Fund Disclosure Guidelines, 59 Funds Listed Including BlackRock, Amundi and Allianz
- SGX, DBS, Standard Chartered & Temasek Launches New Global Exchange for Carbon Credits
- Deutsche Bank Survey: 75% of Private Bank Clients View Investments Should Have Positive Impact to the World
- The Future of Capital is Green – Keynote Address by Ravi Menon at IMAS-Bloomberg Investment Conference 2021
- Hong Kong Exchange Launches Sustainable and Green Exchange
- 2020 Annual Impact Investor Survey – Global Impact Investing $715 Billion Market Maturing
- IFC Releases The 2020 Growing Impact Report
- BNP Paribas Survey: 40% of Hedge Funds in Survey Consider ESG Factors in Investment Process
- UBS Tightens Carbon Asset Financing, Zero Emissions by 2050
Robeco is a pure-play international asset manager founded in 1929, with headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and 17 offices worldwide. A global leader in sustainable investing since 1995, its unique integration of sustainable as well as fundamental and quantitative research enables the company to offer institutional and private investors an extensive selection of active investment strategies, for a broad range of asset classes. As of 30 December 2020, Robeco had EUR 176 billion in assets under management, of which EUR 160 billion is committed to ESG integration. Robeco is a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation Europe N.V.
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- 6th June 2023 - Hong Kong
- 13th June 2023 - Singapore
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit