HNA Group $56 Million Hong Kong Penthouse Placed on Sale by Creditors
20th August 2021 | Hong Kong
HNA Group $56 million penthouse (4,600 square feet) on one of the most prestigious address in Hong Kong (39 Conduit Road, Mid Levels), has been placed on sale by its creditors. HNA Group, the China conglomerate which used to be one of the most active investors in the world co-founded by Chen Feng, is undergoing bankruptcy with $187 billion of liabilities and have had global investments including owning 25% of Hilton Hotel. The $56 million Hong Kong penthouse was bought in 2015 by holding company Billion Able Corporation, with HNA Group Founder & Chairman Chen Feng listed as a director.
“ HNA Group $56 Million Hong Kong Penthouse Placed on Sale by Creditors “
HNA Group Bankruptcy
In January 2021, HNA Group declared bankrupt after debt restructuring had failed. In 2017, HNA Group was one of the world’s largest company with more than $50 billion in revenue. In the same year, HNA Group was affected by China’s new regulations to disallow state-owned banks to lend money to Chinese private companies to prevent them from using funding for foreign investments.
HNA Group was co-founded in 1993 by Chen Feng and Wang Jian, growing from a regional airline in Hainan (China) into an aviation group with operations across the globe. The Group expanded into many other industries including aviation, real estate, financial services, tourism and logistics, and became one of the most active investors in the world.
HNA Group Statement:
On 29th of January 2021, HNA Group received a formal notice from the Hainan High People’s Court. The main content of the notice is: a creditor has filed an application for the initiation of reorganization procedure against our company, on grounds that we cannot pay off due debts to the creditor. HNA Group will comply with the court’s instructions of judicial review in accordance with law, promote the debts disposition actively, support the court to protect the legal rights and interests of creditors in accordance with law, and safeguard our normal business to be operated successfully.
- China President Xi Jinping to Promote Common Prosperity, Expects New Taxes & Incentives for Social Programs
- China Distressed Asset Manager China Huarong with $15.9 Billion Losses to Receive State Bailout, Citic Group Becomes Key Shareholder
- China Sentenced Former Head of ICBC Shanghai to Lifetime Imprisonment for Receiving $21 Million in Bribes
- United States SEC Increased Oversight of China Companies IPO on Stock Exchange, Disclosures & Ownership Relationships
- China Crackdown Intensify, Changes to Tech Companies & Education Sector to Non-Profit with Share Prices Dropping 40% to 80%
- China Regulators Fine Tech Giants Alibaba, Tencent, Kuaishou, Weibo, Little Red Book for Content with Soft Pornography Involving Minor
- Didi App Download Suspended in China, Faces Lawsuit for Misleading Investor
- China Increased Scrutiny on Foreign IPOs & Tech Giants, Requires Pre-Approval for Offshore IPOs
- China Authority Crackdown on Virtual Currency, Issue Warning to Financial Institutions & Businesses
- 2020 China Private Equity and Venture Capital AUM at $1.04 Trillion, Southeast Asia at $33 Billion
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs