Deutsche Private Bank Hires Former Credit Suisse Alania Concepcion as Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia
26th August 2021 | Singapore
Deutsche Private Bank has hired former Credit Suisse Alania Concepcion as Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia. Alania Concepcion who was the former Credit Suisse Head of Investment Consulting for Singapore & Malaysia and Barclays Co-Head of Private Banking Sales, had spent the last 4.5 years in Europe advising European and United States fintech & ESG companies. Based in Singapore, Alania Concepcion will work with clients and relationships managers on investment advisory and will report to Coo-Way Law, who is Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Head of Southeast Asia Investment Management. Deutsche Private Bank has been on a leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia, Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia and Pictet Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions Asia-Pacific. (ESG ~ Environmental, Social & Governance)
“ Deutsche Private Bank Hires Former Credit Suisse Alania Concepcion as Team Head Investment Management Southeast Asia “
Alania Concepcion Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia
- Director and Team Head of Investment Management Southeast Asia
- Former Credit Suisse Head of Investment Consulting for Singapore & Malaysia
- Former Barclays Co-Head of Private Banking Sales
- 4.5 years in Europe advising European & US fintech & ESG companies
- Early career at Credit Suisse and Merrill Lynch covering fixed income & derivatives for institutional and corporate clients
Coo-Way Law, Deutsche Bank Head of Southeast Asia Investment Management:
“We are delighted to have Alania join us, who brings very strong product skills across all asset classes. Alania brings 17 years of client experience with private banks, family offices, UHNW clients and financial institutions across South-East Asia.”
Shang-Wei Chow, Deutsche Bank Head of Southeast Asia Wealth Management:
“To capture the opportunities in the fast-growing South-East Asia region, we are focused to grow and develop our team. The recent appointments in South-East Asia shows our commitment in the business. We will continue to hire the best talent in the region to support our growth.”
Shang-Wei Chow, Southeast Asia Leader
Deutsche Private Bank has been on a hiring leadership hiring drive in 2021, including the hiring of HSBC Private Bank UHNW Market Lead & Desk Head of Greater China Terence Leong as Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Group Head of Southeast-Asia and Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia.
In July 2021, Shang-Wei Chow began his role as Head of Southeast Asia Wealth Management at Deutsche Bank to lead and grow Deutsche’s Bank Wealth Management and Private Banking business in Southeast Asia.
Shang-Wei Chow has also joined from HSBC Private bank, where he was HSBC Private Bank Singapore and Malaysia Market Head. Prior to joining HSBC Private Bank, he was with UBS for 13 years.
In 2021 Q2, Deutsche’s Private Bank delivered strong performance with $16.5 billion (€14 billion) net inflows, generating revenue of €820 million, an increase of 9% from 2020 Q2 due to business growth in recovering markets. Private Banking and Wealth Management (WM) revenues were up 8% to €607 million, while Personal Banking revenues were up 14% to €213 million. (Adjusted for FX and specific items, Private Banking and WM revenues were up 10%)
Deutsche Bank is Germany’s largest bank and one of the largest bank in Europe and the world. Deutsche Bank International Private Bank manages more than $281 billion of assets globally (June 2020).
Southeast Asia, $3.1 trillion GDP, 650 million
Southeast Asia has more than 650 million population and a combined GDP of more than $3.1 trillion. Southeast Asia is also home to one of the fastest growing billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs in Asia.
Largest Economy in Southeast Asia, Financial Centre:
- Indonesia: $1.11 trillion
- Thailand: $543 billion
- Philippines: $376 billion
- Singapore: $372 billion (Financial Centre)
- Malaysia: $364 billion
- Vietnam: $261 billion
- Hong Kong: $365 billion (Financial Centre)
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Credit Suisse Urs Brudermann as Group Head of Southeast Asia, 2 Senior Private Bankers Shawn Ngoh & Pichaya Prawanmeet
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 $1.42 Billion Profit, $40 Billion Net Asset Inflow from Private Banking & Asset Management
- Deutsche Bank Hires Terence Leong as Group Head South East Asia Wealth Management, 3 HSBC Private Bankers
- Deutsche Private Bank Launches 4 Funds with Regular Income Using ETFs, AUM at $4.1 Billion
- Deutsche Bank Launches ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore
- Deutsche Bank Survey: 75% of Private Bank Clients View Investments Should Have Positive Impact to the World
- Malaysia Sues JP Morgan, Deutsche and Coutts for $2.93 Billion, Receives $452 Million from United States
- Deutsche Bank to Create $281 Billion International Private Bank
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Hong Kong
- 2020 List of International Private Banks in Singapore
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office in the World
- 2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices in the World
About Deutsche Bank International Private Bank
Deutsche Bank’s Private Bank corporate division combines the private banking expertise of the market-leading Deutsche Bank and Postbank brands in Germany with the global network of the International Private Bank (IPB). This includes IPB’s global business with high net worth individuals and SMEs.
The Private Bank provides high-quality financial services from a single source. These range from comprehensive services for private customers and support for demanding entrepreneurs and their families, to solutions for SMEs in important Eurozone markets and India.
The Private Bank is one of the four pillars of Deutsche Bank, along with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS, the institution’s asset management unit. Deutsche Bank is a leading bank in Germany with a global network and strong European roots.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs