China to Setup Beijing Stock Exchange to Serve Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises
3rd September 2021 | Hong Kong
China is setting up a 3rd major stock exchange in China, the Beijing Stock Exchange to serve innovation-oriented Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). China President Xi Jinping made the announcement in a video address at the opening of the China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS), with the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) to study the proposed and implementation of the Beijing Stock Exchange. Currently, the 2 largest stock exchanges in China are Shanghai Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange, which are also one of the largest stock exchanges in the world.
“ China to Setup Beijing Stock Exchange to Serve Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises “
Top 10 Largest Stock Exchanges in 2020
Shanghai Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange are the 3rd and 6th largest stock exchange in 2020. The largest stock exchange in the world in 2020 is New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Nasdaq (United States)
- Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Hong Kong Exchange
- Japan Exchange Group
- Shenzhen Stock Exchange
- London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
- TMX Group (Toronto)
Combined, the top 10 stock exchanges in 2020 have a combined market capitalization of around $81.6 trillion, representing 77.4% of global stock exchange market capitalization. There are around 85 officially tracked stock exchanges in the world with a total market capitalization of around $105.4 trillion in 2020.
In 2020, the global GDP is estimated at $87.7 trillion and the total global managed assets estimated to be between $100 trillion to $110 trillion.
- 2020 Top 10 Stock Exchange in the World
- London Stock Exchange Launches Sustainable Finance Innovation Unit in Singapore to Support Green Projects, Climate Risks & ESG
- United States SEC Increased Oversight of China Companies IPO on Stock Exchange, Disclosures & Ownership Relationships
- Hong Kong SFC and Stock Exchange to Tackle IPO Misconduct, Inflated IPO Prices to Meet Listing Requirements
- 150 Stocks Suspended Trading on Hong Kong Stock Exchange for Missing Filing Deadline
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs