$481 Billion Apollo Capital Management Hires HSBC Private Bank Edward Moon as Head of Asia-Pacific Global Wealth
3rd December 2021 | Hong Kong
Apollo Capital Management, one of the world’s top private equity & alternative asset manager with $481 billion AUM, has hired HSBC Private Bank Managing Director Edward Moon as Head of Asia-Pacific Global Wealth. Joining in January 2022, Edward Moon was HSBC Private Bank Managing Director and Regional Head of Alternatives (Asia). Apollo Capital Management has implemented major strategic growth plan on offering alternative investment solutions to both individual investors and to wealth advisors. On 2nd December 2021, Apollo Capital Management announced the plan to buy the United States wealth distribution and asset management businesses of Griffin Capital ($5 billion AUM). (Assets under Management)
“ $481 Billion Apollo Capital Management Hires HSBC Private Bank Edward Moon as Head of Asia-Pacific Global Wealth “
Edward Moon, Private Banking to Private Equity & Alternatives
Edward Moon has more than 20 years of of financial industry experience across alternatives, investment management and investment banking.
He was HSBC Private Bank Managing Director and Regional Head of Alternatives (Asia), and earlier in his career was responsible for all hedge fund and liquid alternative investments at Bank of Singapore, held various roles at Lighthouse Canton (Managing Director), Woori Financial Group (Chief Investment Officer for alternative investments platform), Citigroup (VP) and Credit Suisse.
- $429 Billion Private Equity KKR Founders Henry Kravis and George Roberts Step Down, Joe Bae and Scott Nuttall Appointed Co-CEOs
- Private Equity Apollo Capital Management Buys Yahoo & AOL for $5 Billion
- China Limits Gaming Playtime, Stops Private Equity Fund-Raising for Residential Properties and Banks to Stop FX Services
- Top 3 Private Equity Blackstone, KKR & Carlyle AUM at $1.38 trillion, Raises $158.5 Billion in 1H 2021
- Spanish Football League LaLiga Receives $3.2 Billion Private Equity Investment from CVC Capital, Real Madrid and Barcelona Criticises Deal
- United States Private Equity Hellman & Friedman Closes $24.4 Billion Fund, $80 Billion Total Managed Assets
- 2020 China Private Equity and Venture Capital AUM at $1.04 Trillion, Southeast Asia at $33 Billion
- Hong Kong Private Equity Funds to Have 0% Tax for Carried Interest
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. We seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three business strategies: yield, hybrid and equity. Through our investment activity across our fully integrated platform, we serve the retirement income and financial return needs of our clients, and we offer innovative capital solutions to businesses. Our patient, creative, knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes. As of September 30, 2021, Apollo had approximately $481 billion of assets under management. To learn more, please visit www.apollo.com.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs