Chairman Monetary Authority of Singapore Board, Tharman Shanmugaratnam
Caproasia.com | The leading source of data, research, information & resource for investment managers, professional investors, UHNW & HNW investors, and advisors to institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Caproasia - Learn more

This site is for accredited investors, professional investors, investment managers and financial professionals only. You should have assets around $3 million to $300 million or managing $20 million to $3 billion.







Singapore MAS Tharman Shanmugaratnam: 63% of Private Properties Have Outstanding Loans in Q2 2022, 44.3% Loan Ratio to Valuation, 75% for Owner Stay & 25% for Investments

27th October 2022 | Singapore

Singapore central bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Tharman Shanmugaratnam (Senior Minister & Minister in charge of MAS) reply to questions on percentage of private residential properties with outstanding mortgage loans, with 63% of Private Residential Properties having outstanding loans in Q2 2022 (37% without), average of 44.3% Loan-to-Value (LTV, Eg. $443,000 loan to $1 million valuation), and 75% of the residential properties with loans are for owner stay (occupied) & 25% of the residential properties with loans are for investments.  MAS Tharman Shanmugaratnam:  “Based on latest available data, about 63% of owners of private residential properties had outstanding mortgage loans as of Q2 2022.  The average Loan-to-Value (LTV) ratio of outstanding mortgage loans on private residential properties extended by financial institutions was at 44.3% as of Q2 2022.  As of Aug 2022, approximately 75% of outstanding mortgage loans on private residential properties were for the financing of owner-occupied properties and the remaining 25% were for investment properties.”

“ 63% of Private Properties Have Outstanding Loans in Q2 2022, 44.3% Loan Ratio to Valuation, 75% for Owner Stay & 25% for Investments “

 


Ads & Announcements



MAS Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Private Residential Properties with Outstanding Mortgage Loans

Chairman Monetary Authority of Singapore Board, Tharman Shanmugaratnam

Reply to Parliamentary Question on on Private Residential Properties with Outstanding Mortgage Loans

Date: For Parliament Sitting on 20 October 2022

Mr Chua Kheng Wee Louis, MP, Sengkang GRC

To ask the Prime Minister of the current stock of private residential properties (a) what is the percentage of properties that have an outstanding mortgage loan; (b) what is the average Loan-To-Value ratio of such mortgage loans; and (c) what is the percentage of such mortgage loans that are used to finance (i) owner-occupied properties and (ii) investment properties respectively.

Answer by Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Senior Minister and Minister in charge of MAS:

1. Based on latest available data, about 63% of owners of private residential properties had outstanding mortgage loans as of Q2 2022.

 

2. The average Loan-to-Value (LTV) ratio of outstanding mortgage loans on private residential properties extended by financial institutions was at 44.3% as of Q2 2022.

3. As of Aug 2022, approximately 75% of outstanding mortgage loans on private residential properties were for the financing of owner-occupied properties and the remaining 25% were for investment properties.




2021 Data Release
2020 List of Private Banks in Hong Kong
2020 List of Private Banks in Singapore
2020 Top 10 Largest Family Office
2020 Top 10 Largest Multi-Family Offices
2020 Report: Hong Kong Private Banks & Asset Mgmt - $4.49 Trillion
2020 Report: Singapore Asset Mgmt - $3.48 Trillion AUM

Register Below
Latest 2022 data & reports, insights & news
Every Saturday & Sunday 2 pm
Direct to your inbox
Save 2 to 8 hours per week. Organised for success

For Investors | Professionals | Executives




New to Caproasia?
Join 10,000 +
Learn More | Sign Up Today







For CEOs, Heads, Senior Management, Market Heads, Desk Heads, Financial Professionals, Investment Managers, Asset Managers, Fund Managers, Hedge Funds, Boutique Funds, Analysts, Advisors, Wealth Managers, Private Bankers, Family Offices, Investment Bankers, Private Equity, Institutional Investors, Professional Investors

Get Ahead in 60 Seconds. Join 10,000 +
Save 2 to 8 hours weekly. Organised for Success.

Subscribe / Sign Up / Contact Us


    Mailing ListFree TrialInvestor $680 YearlyProfessional $680 YearlyExecutive $2,000 Yearly


    Private WealthFamily OfficePrivate BankingWealth ManagementInvestmentsAlternativesPrivate MarketsCapital MarketsESG & SICEO & EntrepreneursTax, Legal & RisksHNW & UHNWs Insights











    Caproasia | Driving the future of Asia
    a financial information technology co.
    since 2014


    Web links may be disabled on mobile for security.
    Please click on desktop.









    Previous articleSingapore MAS Tharman Shanmugaratnam: Performance of Relationship Managers, Recourse for Clients Who are Misled
    Next articleSingapore $297 Billion Temasek Leong Wai Leng Appointed as President of Singapore Market, Png Chin Yee as CFO, Tan Chong Lee to $3.3 Billion Investment Firm 65 Equity Partners as CEO
    Caproasia.com covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. Our users manage, advise & invest $25 trillion assets in Asia