What is a Private Banker?
A Private Banker provides banking and financial advice to High Net-worth clients. In most private banks, a private banking client needs to have minimum of US$1 Million (Assets Under Management) with the bank. Some private banks have set a higher qualifying AUM at $3 Million, $5 Million or $10 Million.
The Top Private Banker in asia earn in excess of $3 Million annually
The Private Banker manages a portfolio of clients that can range from 20 to 80 clients with a book size from $50 Million to as much as $2 Billion.
|Junior Private Banker||100 Million – 300 Million||300 Million – 500 Million|
|Senior Private Banker||300 Million – 500 Million||500 Million – 2 Billion|
- Quoted in USD
- HNW = High Net-worth
- UHNW = Ultra High Net-worth
- AUM is dependent on Private Bank’s business strategy
An example of Banking Service offering in Singapore:
|Priority Banking||More than SGD 200,000|
|Private Clients||More than SGD 750,000|
|Private Banking||More than USD 1 Million|
What exactly is a Private Banker?
Unlike Personal Bankers & Priority Bankers who provide traditional wealth management solutions, Private Bankers provide highly personalized, customized and complex banking & financial advisory services to clients.
Example of Financial Services & Wealth Management Solutions:
|Solutions||Retail Banking||Private Banking|
What else does a Private Banker do?
A Private Banker not only provides banking, financial & wealth management solutions. A Private Banker is well-connected to influential and wealthy individuals, people who are often top of their fields. This means the Private Banker has to deal with many diverse & demanding needs of clients.
More services of a Private Banker:
- Arts / Aircraft Financing
- Distressed Assets
- Private Equity
- Mergers & Acquisitions Assistance
- Corporate & Personal Needs
- Networking Opportunities
- International Banking Capabilities
- What does a Relationship Manager do?
- Reality Check I: So you got your new job as a Relationship Manager. What is next?
- Reality Check II: So you got your new job as a Relationship Manager. What is next?
Who are the Clients of a Private Banker?
The traditional sources of clients were business owners, entrepreneurs, C-Level executives or children who received huge inheritances. As wealth grew and savings rate increase, many employees and investors became tremendously wealthy.
These 2 groups form the client base of a Private Banker:
|Traditional Client Base||New Client Base|
|Business Owners||Asset Rich Clients|
|C-Level Executives||Startups Employees|
Not all banks call their Private Bankers, Private Bankers. UBS, Credit Suisse and UOB Private Bank call their Private Bankers, Client Advisors.
What are the rewards of being a Private Banker?
As a Private Banker, the rewards are aplenty. Other than a high compensation, a Private Banker gets to connect with very successful people in the society such as top business leaders, entrepreneurs, business owners, top executives and professionals. Conversations with them can be very insightful and offer a glance into otherwise, private and elusive individuals.
- At the leading edge of financial development and trends
- Tremendous learning opportunities
- Manage hundreds of millions of portfolio & billions of transactions
- Participate in powerful networking events
- Exposure to different countries & culture
- Dining in 5-star hotels and Michelin star restaurants
- Attending High-society lifestyle events & launches
- Attractive salary & benefits
What Private Bankers Say?
“ Private Banking is no easy business. Most clients are very knowledgable and sometimes more investment savvy than we are. “ Bank of Singapore Private Banker
“ Earning the trust from client is my utmost privilege. For him to park his life-long effort of $100 Million with me is a heavy responsibility for me. There is so much to learn to protect and grow his assets in a future that I have no control over. ” Private Banker from Deutsche Private Bank
Did you know?
A Private Banker earns an average of $187,000 annually
The Top Private Banker in Asia can earn in excess of $3 Million annually
- What is a Private Banker?
- How do you become a Private Banker?
- Why 50% of Private Bankers quit in 21 months?
- 12 Reasons why most clients do not give Private Banker AUM within 6 months
- How do Private Bankers acquire new clients?
- 5 Shocking deals that shake-up Private Banking in Asia
List of Private Banks in Singapore
Sign Up / Register
- Manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets
- Invest $3 million to $300 million
- Advise institutions, billionaires, UHNWs & HNWs
Caproasia Platforms | 10,000 Investors & Advisors
- Caproasia Access
- Caproasia Events
- The Financial Centre | Find Services
- Family Office Circle
- Professional Investor Circle
- Investor Relations Network
Monthly Roundtable & Networking
Family Office Programs
The 2023 Investment Day
- 28th March 2023 - Hong Kong
- 4th April 2023 - Singapore
- April 2023 - Virtual
- Sept 2023 - Hong Kong
- Oct 2023 - Singapore
- Oct 2023 - Hong Kong
- Visit: The Investment Day | Register: Click here
- The Investment Summit
- The Private Wealth Summit
- The Family Office Summit
- The CEO & Entrepreneur Summit
- The Capital Markets Summit
- The ESG / Sustainable Investment Summit