Billionaires Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos with $216 Billion Combined Wealth Starts Spaceflight Tourism
23rd July 2021 | Hong Kong
Billionaires Sir Richard Branson (UK) and Jeff Bezos (US) with $216 billion combined wealth, have become the first billionaires and tourists to travel to space on the start of human spaceflight tourism. On 20th July 2021 (Tuesday), Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (Age 57) with $210 billion net worth, is one of 4 private citizens alongside his brother Mark Bezos to travel to space on New Shepard built by Jeff Bezos’ company Blue Origin in a 10 minutes and 10 seconds flight from Texas, United States. Earlier on 11th July 2021, founder of Virgin Airlines Sir Richard Branson (Age 70 on space flight) with $6 billion net worth, went on his spaceflight on his Virgin Galactic Unity spaceplane on a 1.5 hours flight from New Mexico, United States.
” Billionaires Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos with $216 Billion Combined Wealth Starts Spaceflight Tourism “
Blue Origin Space Travel Price: $28 Million
Jeff Bezos’s spaceflight company Blue Origin had a winning auction price of $28 million for the first spaceflight ticket. The winner was not able to join the first spaceflight due to schedule conflicts, and was replaced by an 18-year-old student.
Virgin Galactic Space Travel Price: $250,000
Sir Richard Branson space flight company Virgin Galactic have 600 individuals who have paid deposits for tickets in the range of $200,000 to $250,000.
Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Galactic:
“ I really hope that there will be millions of kids all over the world who will be captivated and inspired about the possibility of them going to space one day. “
Sir Richard Branson Space flight on Virgin Galactic:
Jeff Bezos Space flight on Blue Origin:
- UK Largest Divorce Payout from Russian Billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov, Settles at $186 Million from Original $620 Million
- British Fintech Wise IPO Creates 2 New Billionaires with $3.55 Billion
- China Premium Tea Nayuki IPO in Hong Kong, Creates 2 New Billionaires with $1.1 Billion Each
- Didi Global IPO Creates 2 New Self-Made Billionaires, Founder Will Cheng Wei with $4.4 Billion
- Billionaire Warren Buffett Resigns from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, $49 Billion Endowment
- United States Billionaires Tax Leak, Top 25 Pays 3.4% in Tax Rate from $401 Billion Fortune
- Didi Chuxing IPO Creates 2 New Self-Made Billionaires, Founder Will Cheng Wei with $7 Billion
- Billionaires Bill Gates & Melinda Divorce, $150 Billion Assets
- Billionaire James Dyson Switches Residency Back to UK from Singapore
- South Korean Billionaire & Chairman of Kakao Kim Beom-Su to Give More than Half His $10 Billion Fortune Away
- Billionaire & Google co-Founder Sergey Brin Setup Family Office in Singapore