Hong Kong SFC Bans Former Bank of Singapore & Julius Baer Private Banker for 10 Years for Using Fake Degree
3rd December 2021 | Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) has banned former Bank of Singapore and Julius Baer private banker Miss Wang Yu Ching from from re-entering the financial industry for 10 years (1/12/21 to 30/11/31) for using fake degree certificate. Wang Yu Ching had misrepresented her academic qualifications from California State University, Los Angeles to Julius Baer in 2012 and Bank of Singapore in 2018, including providing copies of a false degree certification to Bank of Singapore in 2019. At Julius Baer, she was the Relationship Manager and Director of Taiwan Market Team (2013-2014) and at Bank of Singapore she was the Senior Relationship Manager and Director of Greater China & North Asia, Taiwan (2019).
“ Hong Kong SFC Bans Former Bank of Singapore & Julius Baer Private Banker for 10 Years for Using Fake Degree “
Hong Kong SFC Statement:
The Hong Kong SFC considers that Wang is not fit and proper to be a regulated person as her conduct is plainly dishonest, and calls into question her character and reliability, and her ability to carry on regulated activities competently and honestly. In deciding the sanction against Wang, the Hong Kong SFC took into account all relevant circumstances, including her otherwise clean disciplinary record.
The case was referred to the SFC by the HKMA (Hong Kong Monetary Authority).
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority Fines CCB, ICBC, CTBC and UBS $5.67 Million for Anti-Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing Breaches
- Hong Kong SFC Bans Former Standard Chartered Relationship Manager and UOB Dealer for Life following Conviction of Bribery
- Hong Kong SFC to Promote Trading of China Renminbi Securities, SPAC and Green & Sustainable Finance Hub
- Hong Kong SFC Suspends Former Emperor Securities Licensed Representative for 2 Years for Misconduct
- Hong Kong SFC Warns Public On Unauthorised Collective Investment Schemes, Publishes Alert List
- Hong Kong SFC to Require Fund Managers to Include Climate into Investment & Risk Management Process, Starts from August 2022
- Hong Kong SFC 2021 Q2 Report: Actions on Market Misconduct, $640,000 Fines, 47527 Licensees, ESG Guidelines for Asset Managers
- Hong Kong SFC and Police Searched Listed Company Office & Residences for $57.9 Million Corporate Fraud, Arrests 2 for Money-Laundering
- Hong Kong SFC Fines UBS $1.49 Million for Failure to Disclose Conflict of Interests, Risks and to Qualify Clients
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs