HSBC Appoints Michael Wong as Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, Investments & Wealth Solutions, Asia-Pacific
14th January 2022 | Hong Kong
HSBC has appointed Michael Wong as the new Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, Investments & Wealth Solutions, Asia-Pacific with immediate effect. Michael Wong has over 20 years of advisory and product development experience with major investment banks and private banks including UBS and Merrill Lynch. Based in Hong Kong, Michael is responsible for designing products and providing investment and financing advice for UHNW and family offices in the Asia Pacific. HBSC also announced the appointment of Wei Mei Tan as the new Global & Asia Head of Advisory, Investments & Wealth Solutions. Both roles are effective immediately, reporting to Stefan Lecher, Regional Head of Investments and Wealth Solutions, Asia Pacific. Michael will also report to Patrick Boumalham, Global Head of UHNW Solutions Group on functional basis. (UHNW ~ Ultra High Net Worth)
“ HSBC Appoints Michael Wong as Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, Investments & Wealth Solutions, APAC “
Michael Wong, HSBC Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, Investments & Wealth Solutions, Asia-Pacific
Michael Wong, as Regional Head of UHNW Solutions Group, Investments & Wealth Solutions APAC, brings over 20 years of advisory and product development experience with major investment banks and private banks. Previously, Michael was part of the Global Family Office team at UBS where he held various roles over a ten year period, including in derivatives, capital markets and investment consulting covering UHNW, family offices and listed companies. He started his career with Merrill Lynch in equity derivatives sales covering hedge funds, pension funds, central banks, private banks and retail banks.
Michael is responsible for designing products and providing investment and financing advice for UHNW and family offices in the Asia Pacific.
Wei Mei Tan, HSBC Global & Asia Head of Advisory, Investments & Wealth Solutions
Wei Mei Tan, with her appointment as HSBC Global & Asia Head of Advisory, Investments & Wealth Solutions, will be responsible for advancing the Advisory offerings and platforms globally and in Asia with innovative solutions across the wealth continuum covering all client segments, including Private Banking, Premier and Personal Banking.
Wei Mei Tan has over 20 years of experience across private banking, investment banking, asset management and fintech. Most recently, she was the Chief Advisory Officer at Endowus, a digital wealth advisor. Before that, Wei Mei was Managing Director and Global Co-Head for Advisory & Investment Solutions at Deutsche Bank Wealth Management. During her time with Deutsche Bank and, before that, Credit Suisse and UBS, Wei Mei led various portfolio solutions business units to focus on building recurring revenues and helped transform the investment platforms to engage clients digitally.
Stefan Lecher, Regional Head of Investments & Wealth Solutions, HSBC:
“At HSBC, we are committed to providing best-in-class capabilities to serve the whole wealth continuum across Wealth & Personal Banking with actionable insights and solutions. Having unified advisory services and unique UHNW propositions is of critical importance to the success of our Asian Wealth strategy.
With the appointments of Wei Mei and Michael, I’m confident that we will deliver at pace, leveraging their experiences and expertise as well as the award-winning investment products and services of our private bank.”
- HSBC Raised $3.2 Billion in Alternative Investments in 2022 & Hedge Funds, Private Markets & Real Estate
- HSBC Receives Approval to Acquire 100% of HSBC Life China
- HSBC Fined $85 Million for Failure in Anti-Money Laundering Processes
- HSBC Global Private Banking 2022 Investment Outlook: The Big Reset
- $481 Billion Apollo Capital Management Hires HSBC Private Bank Edward Moon as Head of Asia-Pacific Global Wealth
- European Commission Fines UBS, Barclays, RBS, HSBC & Credit Suisse $389 Million for FX Spot Trading Cartel
- HSBC Opens New Hong Kong Wealth & Para-Medical Centre for HNW Clients at K11 ATELIER Victoria Dockside
- HSBC Private Bank Launches eSignature for New Clients to Open Accounts Online in Asia
- HSBC Trustee with $200 Billion Assets Celebrates 75th Anniversary in Asia, Plants 7500 Tree Seedlings in Malaysia to Restore Rainforest
- HSBC Private Bank: 2021 Q4 Investment Outlook – Slower But Steady Wins the Race
- HSBC Private Bank Launches Secured Chat for Clients with Private Bankers on WhatsApp & WeChat
- HSBC Acquires AXA Insurance Singapore for $575 Million
- HSBC Private Bank Asia AUM Reaches $193 Billion, HSBC Asia AUM at $810 Billion
- HSBC Reports Profit of $8.4 Billion in 2021 1H, Global Wealth AUM at $1.7 Trillion and Asia at $810 Billion
- HSBC Hires UBS Stefan Lecher as Regional Head of Investments & Wealth Solutions APAC
- HSBC Private Bank Appoints Jackie Mau as Head of Global Private Banking for China, Target 5 Million HNWIs in China
- HSBC Private Bank Launches Online Trading Platform to 10 Markets, 20 Hours Support, $2 Million Per Trade and $10 Million Daily
- HSBC Private Bank Expands in Asia, Appoints Chris Harwood as New Market Head of ASEAN and Australia
- HSBC Appoints David Liao & Surendra Rosha as New APAC Co-CEOs, Peter Wong Retires
- HSBC & Nielsen Survey: 82% of China GBA Mainland Investors to Invest in Wealth Management Connect
- HSBC Wealth Business Grows in Asia to $800 Billion, Hires 1000 in 2021
- HSBC Private Bank Gives Family Office in Asia Access to Investment Bank and Private Deals
- HSBC, Citi and Standard Chartered to Add 6,600 Wealth & Private Banking Jobs in Asia
- HSBC Appoints Annabel Spring as Chief Executive of Global Private Banking