Singapore MAS and IBF Launch New Skills Maps for Family Office Professionals
3rd December 2021 | Hong Kong
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has launched 2 new skills maps for family office professionals. The Executive skills map is for entry-level professionals and the Management Professional Skills Map is for management-level professionals. There is also a new Family Governance and Philanthropy Advisory technical skills and competences. The new skills maps serve as a resource for training providers and financial institutions to design family office-related training, and provide guidance to family offices on the skills and competencies which family office professionals should possess.
“ Singapore MAS and IBF Launch New Skills Maps for Family Office Professionals “
Family Office Skills Maps
The new skills maps complement the Family Office Advisor Skills Map that was launched in July 2020 for private banking professionals advising family offices. Together, the three skills maps form a comprehensive suite of family office capabilities guides aimed at enhancing the specialist skillsets of family office professionals and their advisors, to better serve Singapore’s growing family office ecosystem. The new skills maps were co-created over the past year with representatives from private banks and family office professionals, legal and tax advisors, and SkillsFuture Singapore.
The skills maps also expand the career pathways. Career pathways in Financial Services Sector: https://www.ibf.org.sg/application/SFW/ for professionals working in the wealth management industry under the Skills Framework for Financial Services, by opening up advancement and growth opportunities for private banking professionals to progress laterally or vertically into the family office sector as investment or management professionals, and for family office professionals to take up jobs in the private banking sector. This expansion of career pathways aims to increase the job mobility of professionals in the wealth management industry.
Training programmes accredited by IBF under the skills maps will be able to benefit from the IBF-Standards Training Scheme grant which offsets training expenses.
Gillian Tan, Assistant Managing Director (Development and International), MAS:
“The new Family Office Skills Maps and Technical Skills and Competencies launched today will ensure that financial sector professionals are well-equipped to comprehensively support the specialised needs of family offices based in Singapore, including succession planning and philanthropy, and strengthen Singapore’s competitiveness as a wealth management hub.”
Ng Nam Sin, Chief Executive Officer, Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore:
“With more family offices setting up in Singapore, the development of the skills maps ensure that Family Office professionals in Singapore are familiar with the skills and competencies needed to excel in their job roles and the possible career pathways. Training providers can also be part of the ecosystem and use the skills maps to design quality training curriculum. The launch of the new Family Office skills will provide a clear roadmap for both professionals and financial institutions to plan their skills journey.”
- Federal Reserve: Weak Practices in Banks with Exposure to $120 Billion Archegos Family Office
- DeVos Family Office RDV Corp Invested $100 Million into Elizabeth Holmes Theranos
- Singapore Wealth Management Institute Launches Global-Asia Family Office Circle
- Former Owners of Largest Diamond Company De Beers, Oppenheimer Family Office Setup in Singapore
- Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley Sued for Archegos Family Office Insider Trading
- $21 Billion Multi-Family Office Alvarium Investments Hires Peter Golovsky as Head of Family Office Service APAC
- Bill Gates Family Office Increases Shares in Four Seasons Luxury Hotel Group to 71.25% at $10 Billion Value
- Credit Suisse Appoints Head of Family Office Services APAC Thomas Ang as Head of Wealth Planning APAC
- Deutsche Private Bank Hires Dominique Jooris as Head of Wealth Solutions APAC, Advise Family Offices, Billionaires & UHNWs
- Haitong International Launches Global Family Office, Appoints Roger Teow as Asia Head of Global Family Office & Singapore Head of Private Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse Report: Archegos Family Office Had $120 Billion Total Exposure